Walther PK380

nolo

Does anyone have any experience with a Walther PK380? I held one and liked the feel of it. I am not a big fan of a .380, but thought it may be a good carry gun for my wife. Is it prone to failures like the .22 version? Bud's has a great price on it through the police website. I think it was $260ish delivered.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 10mm4me
Does anyone have any experience with a Walther PK380? I held one and liked the feel of it. I am not a big fan of a .380, but thought it may be a good carry gun for my wife. Is it prone to failures like the .22 version? Bud's has a great price on it through the police website. I think it was $260ish delivered.

I have a Walther P22 and have never experienced a single failure in over 1,500 rds. I held a PK380 and to be honest it felt very cheap. The factory fit and finish was terrible.Those things don't even have slide stop levers.I would get a LCP.I think they rushed that thing out. I wouldn't get one.

I have never fired a PK380, so my opinion is based solely on handling one. I did not care for it very much.

It is large for a .380, and it does feel cheap. As stated above, it has no slide stop lever. Walther was probably trying to streamline the design, so they omitted slide stop lever. I will reserve final opinion until after I fire one, but personally, I like the Bersa Thunder concealed carry version over the PK380.

Guest HexHead
Those things don't even have slide stop levers.I would get a LCP.I think they rushed that thing out.

Well, for that matter neither do the Kel-Tec P3AT. Doesn't seem to hurt their sales any.

Well, for that matter neither do the Kel-Tec P3AT. Doesn't seem to hurt their sales any.

Dat be true Hex. Nor does the PPK. Maybe it's a Walther thing. As far as P22's being prone to failures, don't believe everything you read on the internet.......:D

Guest Xring04

I handled one, and I was not too impressed with the fit and finish.

That said it felt good in my hand and I would like to shoot one.

My vote for a 380 that size would be a cz83.

Guest yzfMrLee

I have a pk380. It's a sweet shooting little gun. easy to carry, but not so small it feels stupid in your hand. I've only put 200 rounds through mine, but so far no failures at all.

Guest 70below
As far as P22's being prone to failures, don't believe everything you read on the internet.......:up:

+1 ....after the updated mags, they seemed to be much less finicky....I love mine.

PK380's were designed for a market segment.....they aren't as tight as a PPS....but they're not priced like a PPS (unless you bought during initial release)

They have one of the easiest to pull slides I've ever seen in a semi, and recoil is nil.......they're perfect for recoil sensitive ladies and new shooters, and make a great plinker when ammo comes back down.

Guest 10mm4me

Yeah, but those are sub-com pocket guns. The PK380 is marketed as a compact .380 geared for IWB,belt holster carry.To me it just seems that the omission of that part was an attempt to just make a plain jain gun and it adds to the cheap feel of the weapon.Not that slide stop levers are good for anything but unload,show,clear.You should always pull the slide when reloading rather than pushing down on the slide stop to avoid FTF or causing the weapon not to fully go into battery.

I checked out the PK380 yesterday. I purchased a new P22 back in Octorber and love it so I went to the gun shop specifically to look and this 380. Dittos on being easy to rack the slide but the gun did feel a little cheezy. Not sure how to explain it. As far as the slide release, it's not a big deal to me, I can live without it. Funny cause that's a 'show stopper' for some people.

Guest 10mm4me

Yeah, I love my P22.I even carry it sometime w/CCI segmented HP.PK380 def not normal Walther fit/finish.Oh well, maybe there will be a 2nd gen.