Help Needed Putting Shotgun Back Together

Guest dreh

I have a Winchester 12 gauge pump, full choke with a 30 inch barrel. Bought it back in 1975 at a yard sale. It is not used to hunt with--rather just to keep it handy just in case it is ever needed around the property.

I took the plug out today so I could load it up with more ammo, then decided to go looking at the trigger mechanism. Needless to say I found it to be filthy. Instead of leaving it alone and just cleaning it with q-tips, rags, solvent, etc., I took one small screw off, the safety got lodged and would not move around, etc., etc., etc. Now I have about 6 separate pieces to the trigger housing in a baggie awaiting the reconstruction process.

Can anyone direct me to a visual on-line that shows how to put this trigger mechanism back together? I definitely need pictures in addition to reading material. Thanks for your help.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

here is an exploded diagram so you can refer to the pieces...

http://stevespages.com/ipb-winchester-12.html

Winchester Model 12

I have heard that if the Trigger assembly is disassembled some folks use a special tool to ease re-assembly but I am sure a few short punches or slave pins will do the job.

The Model of 1912 and early model 12s are built like the Win 1897, they don't have disconnectors..that was "added" on the 1200 series

the older guns are tougher to strip and re-assemble but are built like bank vaults my 1897 30" full was made in 1929 and still tears crows up

John

Thanks for the info. I finally just stayed with it, cleaned the entire gun, then took my time putting it back together. It is as good as new and once again "back in service." It was the first time I have ever totally dismantled it, so it was a good feeling to see it all back in working order.

Guest Drewsett
It was the first time I have ever totally dismantled it, so it was a good feeling to see it all back in working order.

That's the BEST part of the whole thing...knowing that you did it and can do it again. Good Job!