Wanting to buy a Barrett 50 cal

Guest Kang

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something about you bugs me when I read your posts..........maybe it's because you've made a few retarded statments about you doing something stupid stuff like this before??? :D

Trying to touch nerves or get decent folks in trouble?? :cool:

Poor grammar, poor firearm handling etiquette, or both?

If you get the .50 let me know. I maybe able to set you up with some shots out to 1100 yards around Columbia.

i will take you up on that if i get it. I can buy 1 with no problem but just dont want a gun i cant shoot.

I guess I bug him ???? BUT I tend to be very careful when I shoot !!!

No it's sentences like the following that bug me...

If I can sneak around in MIAMI, FL & shoot my McMILLAN 50 BMG, you can find a valley in TN to shoot it.

Why do you have to sneak around?? Is it illegal to shoot a 50BMG in Miami? Sounds like it is. Sounds like you're doing something illegal on a regular basis...is this true?? Inquiring minds want to know since you posted you do it with your 50BMG......

With all the un-develop land in TN, what do you mean there is no place too shoot ???? I ran around like a NINJA, hiding from the LEO's shooting my 50 BMG in the city, (I always make sure I use a BERM as a back-stop) Where I was shooting, one idiot shot his friend by accident, & now the place has steel gates & a big BILLBOARD sign saying "NO TRESPASSING", NO SHOOTING, NO HUNTING, NO ATV, NO HORSE-BACK RIDING !!!

So once again, you're sneakking around like a "ninja"......hiding from the LEO's......why?? Why are you hiding from LEO's?? Sounds like you're doing something illegal......... AND now you're bragging about it. What gives??

See my point?? Who in thier right/wrong mind brags about doing stuff like that?? You sure didn't seem like you were kidding.....maybe you need to use "smilies" to let us know you're kidding around and that you aren't really sneaking around the city with a 50BMG under your trenchcoat.....:slapfight:

If you buy a 50 BMG, be very aware, that people have a mind set that you will be destroying :wall: with the 50 BMG, there will be FEAR of you shooting your rifle. You won't be able to shoot it legally in the city, unless you go to a couple of ranges that are only 100 yards. I hope I've explained this as simple as possible for you. When I go shooting the 50 BMG, there are no homes, cars, business near that area, I even take my ATV 4X4, & do a sweep of the place i'm shooting at. There is alot of careful planing I take.

Response for red highlight:

Part of peoples fears of a 50BMG has to do with someone like you posting in a public forum that you sneak around Miami avoiding the law with a 50BMG looking for a place to shoot. :poop:

Response for bold text:

No you haven't really. I was wanting an explaination of why you said you have to sneak around like a ninja, while avoiding the cops just to shoot your 50BMG in the city. Of course it's illegal unless your at a range of which you said you don't go to because they're only 100yrds.....hence forth stating you're doing something illegal...AGAIN. :slapfight:

I guess my point is, if you are serious about stupidly sneaking around like a ninja a$$hat in Miami hiding from the LEO's with a 50BMG.....then maybe you need to find a local Florida forum to post at. Kidding is one thing but to back it up with a few more posts about it, that's plain dumb. Posting ignorant things about illegal activities or hiding from the LEO's doesn't make for great conversation here.......:stir:

Just my .02

As has been said, Oak Ridge and AEDC do not allow .50BMG. Besides the fact that there is no where local (In TN ) that you can shoot to 1000+ with it (and why bother inside 1000y?) a there is a need for a "one caliber use" loading press, massive amounts of pull down (if you can still get it) or expensive lots of slow burning powder and over $30 per 20 bullets prices make it a novelty I can't justify.

I wouldn't mind owning a bolt action .50cal, but all things considered, you can accurately shoot 1500 - 2000 yards with a 300gr bullet in 338Lapua Magnum and it won't cost you $4.00+ a shot.

I guess if you can't afford to shoot a Barrett, you can't afford to shoot this

50cal.jpg

i buying 1 isnt a problem but i would hate to own a gun i couldnt shoot or would have to travle more then 4 hours just to shoot it!

As has been said, Oak Ridge and AEDC do not allow .50BMG. Besides the fact that there is no where local (In TN ) that you can shoot to 1000+ with it (and why bother inside 1000y?) a there is a need for a "one caliber use" loading press, massive amounts of pull down (if you can still get it) or expensive lots of slow burning powder and over $30 per 20 bullets prices make it a novelty I can't justify.

I wouldn't mind owning a bolt action .50cal, but all things considered, you can accurately shoot 1500 - 2000 yards with a 300gr bullet in 338Lapua Magnum and it won't cost you $4.00+ a shot.

Its damn close in price though and nowhere near as much power or long term collectibility. I would love to have a mag fed bolt 50 one of these days if nothing else just to "have" and hope it goes up in value.