Guest GunTroll

What console to get?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What console to get?

• PlayStation
    • XBOX
    • other

I own all three.

I havent turned on my Wii in about two years.

I play my 360 rarely. The 360 is way more of an FPS'ers console than the PS3 is if thats all you want. I play FPS's on my PC where they should be played :shrug:. The 360 DOES have some really cool games on it that are not shooters, Star Ocean & Fable 1&2 comes to mind, but the PS3 is getting SO in the coming year and it will be a better version than the 360 one. And if you want to play online and only have the Arcade version, and dont want to run an ethernet cable to the machine, the wireless adapter is another $100.

That said, PS3 gets way way more of my time than the 360 does. Just more games on it that I enjoy playing than the xbox. PS3 online is free (and all the times I've ever played online with it - Street Fighter 4, namely - its been excellent), its a blu ray player, has wireless built in, blah blah so on so forth. The Playstation Store gets more of my money than anything. :)

I've heard wind of them thinking about starting up a "Premium" service for PSN, but wont be require in order to play online.

EDIT: as for the hard drive, it is required to play original XBOX games, but not all of them. There is a list of games that are backwards compatible, but there are some that still require a firmware update to play. Installation 360 games does speed up load times, but it's not required that I know of. PS3 games do the installation thing too, and some require it.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all but the cheapest has a hard drive these days. I think you can get them around $249 with a 160 Gig hard drive.

Just went to Game Stop, and they have the regular 360 with a 160Gig hard drive for $199.99 and the 360 Elite with a game and 320 Gig hard drive for $299.99. Just thought I'd let you know.

I have a Wii and a 360. If I could choose only one, I would keep the xbox. The kids and wife would vote Wii because it is more fun for family/kids games. Every now and then we'll have a big family race with Mario Cart. The 7yo ALWAYS wins :D.

I enjoy getting online and playing first-person shooter games with friends on the Xbox. That's what I like so much about the Xbox.

If you are getting it for the family, the Wii might be better. If you are getting it for yourself, i would look at the Xbox. I don't have any experience with the PS.

Edited by Batman

I have played all three plus I play pc.

I am not a huge fan of the ps3, I have never liked the playstation controllers I like to play skate on ps3 and thats about it.

The wii has so many "interactive games" which makes it incredibly fun for me, no its not high def but you can surf the web for free and download old nes, super nes, and n64 for it. The wii has a news and weather channel so you can check in if the TV is tied up. Memory comes in the form of sd or sdhc memory cards which can be had anywhere and are cheap. Online play is free on the wii but I haven't had the opportunity to do so. Games like wii fit and wii sports resort make the wii great. I have splinter cell for the wii and while the graphics aren't amazing I think the gameplay is better than on my xbox.

The xbox 360 is by far the best for online gaming. I play modern warfare II online. The only downside is having to have the subscription but it is worth the fee. I can play any style game on the 360 but my favorite is racing.

The pc is of course the best for online as well as fp shooters but if your like me and you only have a laptop you can't get too serious in pc gaming.