Shipping to CALIFORNIA

Guest Orionsic

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

California is different, that’s why a lot of sellers won’t ship there. After I checked myself as best you can, I would email the FFL a description of the gun and ask him to return your email confirming that it is legal for him to receive.

Other than that you have the same shipper restrictions and notifications as shipping a handgun to any FFL.

Guest bkelm18

Ok, just googled it. Long story short, you as an individual cannot ship a firearm to CA. Only FFL dealers can ship to CA, and they have to register with the CA DoJ and they have to obtain a firearm shipment approval number for each shipment.

Frequently Asked Questions - California Firearms Licensee Check system (CFLC) - Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

Edit: Upon further reading, Verbal K is right, it really should be no different if you ship it yourself. The new laws apply to FFLs.

Edited by bkelm18
I wouldn't ship it to CA. People there don't deserve to have guns. Let them stew in their own juices.

While I agree with your sentiments (as far as the Liberal Majority of Self-Serving individuals that populate that state), there are some people in CA that are stuck there (my friend John, being one of them), whom hate the way that their Second Amendment Rights have been... ahem, amended, and also the fact that they cannot seem to do anything about it.

California sucks, but some of the folks in the hills (not Los Angeles hills) and rural areas are just like those that are in TX, NM, and OK/KS. Still sucks for them, though...

The rest of them (you know the ones that I'm talking about) can fall off into the ocean... I hate that they believe that they can impact our rights, across this country, because of their "believed purpose" as one of our 50 states.

Guest HexHead
While I agree with your sentiments (as far as the Liberal Majority of Self-Serving individuals that populate that state), there are some people in CA that are stuck there (my friend John, being one of them), whom hate the way that their Second Amendment Rights have been... ahem, amended, and also the fact that they cannot seem to do anything about it.

California sucks, but some of the folks in the hills (not Los Angeles hills) and rural areas are just like those that are in TX, NM, and OK/KS. Still sucks for them, though...

The rest of them (you know the ones that I'm talking about) can fall off into the ocean... I hate that they believe that they can impact our rights, across this country, because of their "believed purpose" as one of our 50 states.

I don't cut them any slack. People have choices. I left CA 20 years ago, because I didn't want to raise my family there.