any cz 452 .22 owners?

Guest bsherrill

Guest bsherrill

I 'm just wondering if there are any cz 452 owners out there. I've got a 452 american and I'm curious to see what modifications people have made to them (i.e. trigger, stock, etc).

I have a tasco scope on mine and put a lighter spring on the trigger but thats about it

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 452 American. It came with rings(not CZ) and no scope. I put a Tasco 3x9 on it for now. It has a trigger kit installed(Brooks) and that's about it. It's a real shooter! The trigger is light and smooth. Mine seems to really like Wolf Match Target ammo, but my wallet likes Federal Champions. Not much difference, but if I needed serious accuracy, I'd buy the Wolf or Ealy.

And welcome to TGO.

Have fun with yours.

Mike

I have a couple. Do not get the Brooks trigger kit from Brooks himself, or you'll never see it or your money. :D A similar trigger kit is made & sold by YoDave over at the rimfirecentral.com forums and works great. :D

Yes, they are not made anymore. They are not easily found now and bring higher prices if found. The 455 replaces it. The best place for CZ info is over at rimfirecentral.

I think Gunnrunners in Blountville still has a few CZ rifles left, but they are the 16" factory threaded version.

Guest malbolja

I ordered a trigger kit from Eric Brooks (cz452.com) and received the kit promptly. It was easy to install and works great. I added a Leupold VXII 3-9X40 in CZ rings. It really likes Eley.

Guest TnDeerHunter

I have a CZ 452 I shoot in sporter class. Extremely accurate the only changes I made to mine was change the trigger spring and float the barrell. Just my opinion but I would say for the money it's the most accurate out of the box you can get. If you like the 452 you should try the 453 with single set trigger they are great.

I have 4 CZ 452's now and I am sure glad I got them before they changed the model. They may make them better but I doubt it. Mine all shoot well. The 22 mag loves Fiochi, the Silhouette loves Wolf match target, the 17HMR loves Winchester 20 gr and Hornady VMAX, and the American really likes Eley Sport and JAG. I am going to have to get more of that JAG...good stuff. They will all shoot cheap stuff but they all shine with the good stuff.

Lightening the trigger spring helps but the kits have tubes that go under the trigger sear to eliminate creep. Stay away from Eric Brooks. I had to chase the man for 4 months and go through several consumer fraud groups to get the 3 trigger kits I ordered. They work but I am never going through that again. Either order the kits from Whittakers in KY or better yet, get Yodaves over at rimfire central.

Whether it's CZ or BRNO the answer is the same, IMHO there is not better rifle on the market at it's price point.

I own a CZ 452 Varmint. I did the Eric Brooks trigger job to my rifle and it breaks @ ~ 2lbs. EB can be unreliable. There is another vendor with a similar product. His is called the "Yo Dave" trigger kit. Many CZ 452 rifle variations are available from vendor's like Buds Gun Shop.

The 452 is going to be discontinued, making way for the Model 455.

Mark