RED DOT / SMALL DOT

Guest ChattanoogaPhil

Guest ChattanoogaPhil

Looking for an inexpensive red dot tube-type with a 3MOA dot or under for my M&P 15-22. Something like the BSA RD30 I have now but with a small dot. Does such a critter exist under $100? I have searched the net with no luck.

I've got a Sightmark Holosight with a very small dot but I'm looking for a tube-type.

Thanks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure on the MOA of the dot, but check out vortex optics. its around $150. I have heard of good reviews on arfcom and a buddy of mine.

When I decide to pick up and start playing with optics this will be my first one. IMO its worth a look.

Im running a NcStar 40mm tube red dot on my AK I dont know what size it is but at 100 yards in will not cover up a bowling pin. it is very tiny . The smallest Ive ever seen , why I bought it. and cheap. I think it was 39.00 and has held up pretty good.

Guest jimdigriz
My wife got me a Millet Red dot for Christmas. Gonna put it on my Ak.

Are you referring to the SP-2? I'm considering that one. I can't find any info on the weight, though. If you can, would you please throw it on a kitchen scale and post the weight?

Thanks.

Is the mounting system solid or will it loosen ??

Everything I've read says they stay put. However, there were a few notes not to over tighten the bolt.:) with a lifetime no questions ask warranty i figure I'm gonna give it a shot. I really like the idea just don't have a need for the real thing.

Guest ChattanoogaPhil
My wife got me a Millet Red dot for Christmas. Gonna put it on my Ak.

I had not even thought about Millet. I took a look at their web sight and found an interesting scope. 1-4x24 DMS. They claim it has a "true" 1x. If that is accurate, then I'd have a 4x scope with a 1MOA red dot that will also 1x co-witness with flip sights. That's ain't bad. Not exactly in the price range that I had in mind... but...

Millet 1-4X24 DESIGNATED MARKSMAN Tactical SCOPE (DMS)

I had not even thought about Millet. I took a look at their web sight and found an interesting scope. 1-4x24 DMS. They claim it has a "true" 1x. If that is accurate, then I'd have a 4x scope with a 1MOA red dot that will also 1x co-witness with flip sights. That's ain't bad. Not exactly in the price range that I had in mind... but...

Had one on my 6.8 AR and loved it! I had the ADM Recon QD mount. Got mine for under $200 here. Millett 1-4x24 DMS Tactical 30mm Riflescope

I considered the DMS for my AR. Look at one in person if you can, that thing is heavy compared to similar scopes.

Guest ChattanoogaPhil
I considered the DMS for my AR. Look at one in person if you can, that thing is heavy compared to similar scopes.

Thanks.

I did some web searching and read a couple reviews from those who had used the DMS. Apparently, the DMS doesn't have a "true" 1x because they said their front sight was fuzzy at 1x. Pretty much defeats the purpose if it doesn't co-witness.

I had been thinking about throwing a carry handle on my 15-22 and a cheap 4x with a see-thru carry handle mount. Then using a holosight on the rail which will co-witness. Maybe that's my best alternative... but I sure like the idea of one scope doing both.

I should have asked you first. Did the DMS you had have a true 1x to co-witness with BUIS? Was in Gen 1 or 2?

I've not used any high end scopes and the DMS-1 seemed fine to me. You will get guys on AR15 that complain about the 1x but most of those same guys consider anything under $500 glass to be junk.:bored: I had it co-witness with my irons without any problem. It wasn't perfect, but it was very usable and wouldn't have even thought differntly had I not read about it from others. IMO.