22-250

robin48

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the most accurate cartridges available. With some TLC and load development, these guns are hard to top. Plus, my opinion is that it is the King of varmint cartridges.

Below is a 10 shot group @100 from my Remmy 700 VTR .22-250

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

Edited by Good_Steward
One of the most accurate cartridges available. With some TLC and load development, these guns are hard to top. Plus, my opinion is that it is the King of varmint cartridges.

Agreed. But be forewarned ... some of these rifles can be EXTREMELY picky on ammo choices. Not that any of them shoot badly, but if you are after sub-moa accuracy (and I would demand that out of this caliber) you might have to experiment with both ammo brands as well as bullet weights. Of course, the best route is to reload for it. Like I said, I've never seen one shoot badly, but some experimentation will do you well in the accuracy department.

As for versatility, the /250 is one of the best .224 caliber cartridges out there. More expensive to shoot than the .223Rem, but worth it at times. It is a wonderful varmint cartridge, and will do a very adequate job on deer when used within it's capabilities (out to 300 yards or so).

The abundance of bullet weights and types make this rifle a pure joy to own.

They're fun rifles. ENJOY! :up:

Guest colrmccoll

I have that rifle. The most accurate in my stable. The amazing thing is that the muzzle velocity is so fast the bullet impacts the target before you can react. I love it.

Bought this one from the BX (heavy barrel) in 1971 for $98.

I picked up a cheap single-shot 22-250 rifle at Dick's that I could use to teach my boys to shoot, instead of just putting quick holes in a target. I think it's been a pretty good choice - they have to take their time and focus, but are getting more and more accurate at higher distances. (Better than me sometimes....)