Value of my .22

Guest clsutton21

Guest clsutton21

I've been thinking about selling my .22 because I've literally shot it maybe 100 times due to time issues and not being able to be home as much as I like.

I was just wondering what you guys thought about for the value of it. It's a Marlin Model 60 SB, like I said..maybe 100 rounds through it. I've looked on gunbroker and have only found a few anywhere from $100(rough with missing pieces) to $200 NIB. I paid over $200 for mine, as I bought it new from a retailer. I was thinking of asking $200. Is that high? I know it may seem high, but if I didn't know better..I would say this rifle is unfired. There are no scratches, dents, dings, or anything wrong with it cosmetically or mechanically. So I figured a rifle that costs $220 new, with no shipping charges, or TICS, or FFL transfer, and mine would come with a mixed box of approximately 500 .22 LR cartridges would be worth the $200 price tag. Pics are below of pristine condition.

And I'm not trying to bypass the trade forums, as I have benefactor. :D

1zwdzbl.jpg

20fopyu.jpg

2h6hc41.jpg

14m5ffq.jpg

whla48.jpg

9lhdlh.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by clsutton21
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I saw that same rifle at Walmart last week for 159 or maybe 169. Can't recall.

200 is way to high for a model 60 even with a brick of ammo. Saw a Model 60 at the last gunshow for 80 bucks. I have one already but almost bought it anyway.

You say the gun has 100 rounds through it. That makes it used.

I think 140 with the ammo might be about right. YMMV

Guest clsutton21
I think I saw that same rifle at Walmart last week for 159 or maybe 169. Can't recall.

200 is way to high for a model 60 even with a brick of ammo. Saw a Model 60 at the last gunshow for 80 bucks. I have one already but almost bought it anyway.

You say the gun has 100 rounds through it. That makes it used.

I think 140 with the ammo might be about right. YMMV

I called Wal-Mart 5 mins before I posted this and they told me $217.99.

This is the stainless barrel version.

Also, I never said it was new...just said it was practically unfired due to condition.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by clsutton21

Just looked on Gunbroker and "blue" new and decent looking are going 150 to 200. There was also some crap on there for under 100 to 150.

So when considering associated cost savings, shipping, handling or sales tax,your SS may go for 200.

Personally, I don't like to sell off unless I need the money or if I could make a trade.

It might be just me, but I usually buy used guns because I can get them for a discount. If I have to pay almost retail I will just go to the store and get one that I will always know that I bought new.

As far as I am concerned there are three kinds of guns, new, used, and junk. Yours is definitely not junk. I would want to pay 60 to 80 percent of the retail price.

Of course if you don't need to sell it you can always go for 200 and see if you have any takers. Everything is for sale, if the price is right.

Sure you can get full retail for; it’s done here all the time. I can only think of one reason why someone would pay full retail for a gun that is used; but that’s between you and them.

Just move those pictures over into the for sale section and put a price on it. Ignore the “would you take…†and “What’s your bottom dollar†posts and just deal with the people that PM you with an offer.

If someone wants it they will make an offer; if they don’t it won’t matter what the price is.