I'M AWAKE NOW!

BryanP

These days my nightstand gun is also my CCW. So the S&W 649 sits on my nightstand in the same Desantis Nemesis pocket holster I use to tote it around.

I can't carry to work, so this morning as most mornings I picked it up to put it in the safe. I wasn't quite awake and it slipped out of the holster and bounced off of the wood floor. In doing so I swear it looked like that scene out of True Lies where Jamie Lee Curtis drops a SMG that bounces around shooting bad guys. It described a nice curling arc when it bounced, and somehow it kept pointing at me more than not.

Yes, I know a modern gun won't go off from being dropped unless there is something mechanically wrong with it. All I can say is I went from half-asleep to fully awake VERY quickly. :biglol:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My M&P fell out of the holster onto a tile floor. I had the butt hole pucker until it laid on the floor with no movement. I dont know if the muzzle was pointed my way cause I think my eyes were closed.

Worst ever for me... years ago, a BHP Practical I had at the time actually fell out of my IWB holster as I got out of the car at Wal-Mart... and I kicked it as I stepped... and it just went sailing into the traffic lane... late night, no cars coming... switched to OWB with Comp-Tac paddles after that. No problems since...

When I've dropped a gun, I'm more worried about the gun getting damaged, then having a round go off ??

That was third on my list. First was wondering if my 649 had some hidden defect and it would go off. Second was damage to the floor. Stainless steel is lot harder than wood.

'Bout a year ago, leaving a Wally's in 'Nooga, I had bag of ammo bust out bottom just as I was in the foyer ... 100 rounds of WWB 9mm spilled everywhere.

Couple of ladies closest to me, one jumps back and literally screams, "BULLETS!" Created a little stir among the other folks in the area.

Took me 10 min to find them all...no one was wounded.

- OS

When I've dropped a gun, I'm more worried about the gun getting damaged, then having a round go off ??

That's likely what I would've thought. I know that when I wrecked my motorcycle that was all that went through my had"Oh crap, I just killed my bike" as I was rolling into the ditch.

That's likely what I would've thought. I know that when I wrecked my motorcycle that was all that went through my had"Oh crap, I just killed my bike" as I was rolling into the ditch.

Must not have been going very fast.

When I wrecked mine, I didn't get out but an "O SHi..." before i landed

100's of years ago when I was on a small Florida PD, I was issued a cheap Mixon front break holster for my new Ruger Security Six. I accidently brushed against a counter and unsnapped it. Revolver fell to concrete, landing on the cylinder and bending the crane. Holster was last seen floating in the Indian River after I pitched it off the bridge!

Guest Bluemax
All I can remember from True Lies is this.

Speak words of wisdom o brother of mine, Jamie Lee is still smokin

Mean while back to the thred..Anyone ever been in a hurry and dropped their sidearm in the can ??? Fess Up, We're all friends here :cry:

Guest Sgt. Joe

Always keeping something on the back of the commode tank while showering (I do live in Jackson) I do cover it with a wash cloth but it is not in any holster during these times.

Just a few days ago upon exit from said shower I somehow knocked my PPS off the tank.....it hit the edge of the open bowl and then hit the floor pretty hard.

No discharge from either me or the gun.

Funny thing.... the only thing that scared me was the thought of it falling in?.....never a thought about it going off even though it did have one in the pipe.

This is true... I WOULD own up if it had gone in because I would have been on here asking you guys what would be the best way to dry it out.

OH and +10 on Jamie Lee

Bryan....glad you, your floor, and your gun all made it through safely. ;)

Situations such as this are why I recommend that HD shotguns be kept in "cruiser ready" mode...because, unlike Bryan's revolver, they're not drop safe. :screwy:

I keep mine in "cruiser ready", but I was not aware of them not being drop safe. Good information to have.

'Bout a year ago, leaving a Wally's in 'Nooga, I had bag of ammo bust out bottom just as I was in the foyer ... 100 rounds of WWB 9mm spilled everywhere.

Couple of ladies closest to me, one jumps back and literally screams, "BULLETS!" Created a little stir among the other folks in the area.

Took me 10 min to find them all...no one was wounded.

- OS

you mean they didn't just start going off???