One Bad Ass Kimber

willis68

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about if I give you 2 (that’s right two) “DaveTN SuperDuper High Dollar Custom Tactical†1911’s for that price and guaranteed both would shoot as good, or better than that one?

Okay… I’ll even throw in a zippered bag with a patch sewn on it. :D

leaving.gif

Guest Sgt. Joe
That's nice and all, but there are 1K guns just as pretty and probably shoot just as well.

They only way I would ever pay that much for a 1911 is if John Moses built it himself and George Patton carried it. :poop:

And the Pope signed the authentication papers :D

That $6,700.00 one isnt even that purdy?

I looked thru a friends 1911 mag the other day and only found one that I really liked......2600 bucks.....I sure didnt like it that much... and it WAS purdy! :P

Doesn't that last Colt kinda look like it's been sprayed with Krylon? All at one time.

That is the way he finishes most of his 1911's not for looks but for function he really does not build them much anymore that is why the prices have went through the roof

Guest Oaklands

I would have to have my head examined before paying that much. I love guns, but not $7k worth. Look at all the nice quality guns I could buy for that much money and not feel bad about shooting and carrying them.

I could purchase 11 new reliable para GI 1911's that shoot just as well as that 6700 dollar gun.

How do you know how well that pistol shoots? to say that a Para 1911 shoots just as well as a custom built 1911, well i think you would have to compare them first hand before making that claim. By the way I would take 11 Para's over the Kimber as well

I am well-aware of Vickers' name in the custom gun market... BUT!

Let's see:

Off-the-shelf parts (many of which are in my guns)

"Built by myself or to my specifications"

I don't think so. If this gun is to be worth even half of that, then it had have better damn well been built by the man, himself.

• 1 month later...
Guest expdnarc

For those who don't know, Larry Vickers is a retired US Army veteran and was a member of one of the most elite special operations units in the US military. He was instrumental in the development of the operators course for that unit and is a consultant for many firearms manufacturers . He is a member of the American Pistol smiths guild and has built weapons for the operators of his former unit. His acute attention to detail and function with the 1911A1 platform are legendary in the custom 1911 community and are extremely sought after.

For those who don't know, Larry Vickers is a retired US Army veteran and was a member of one of the most elite special operations units in the US military. He was instrumental in the development of the operators course for that unit and is a consultant for many firearms manufacturers . He is a member of the American Pistol smiths guild and has built weapons for the operators of his former unit. His acute attention to detail and function with the 1911A1 platform are legendary in the custom 1911 community and are extremely sought after.

So that's why gun prices are through the roof. consultants, endorsements, and hype Oh, my!

Guest expdnarc

Its not a weapon for everyone those that appreciate the workmanship and the origins of the smith are in abundance, however the means to purchase such a weapon are not. If I had the means I would purchase it but then I would own a 69' 428 Mach 1 mustang as well. It is a nice piece. just my.02