Don't Carry One in The Chamber, Eh?

Guest jackdm3
That was traggic.

The BG's had the element of surprise, and that one added step of chambering a round could make the difference. I always carry with one ready to go.

It did make the difference.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always carry with one in the chamber, and have no problem with the fact that my little P3AT has no safety. Having spent 20 years now in the Army Reserves, you just know to respect the fact that the gun is chambered and ready to fire with no safety. I however make sure to keep it in a pocket holster that covers the trigger at all times.

Guest BEARMAN

+1 Krunchnik, it might have helped if the victim would have had a BUG in his pocket and BA on also... very sad though...a little late for "what he shoulda done" now, just hope some will "re-think" their carry status after watching this video.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Guest Sgt. Joe

It does appear he is trying to rack one from the beginning to me and also that he wasnt pulling the slide back far enough, either from fear or because of a wound.

I began my carry endeavors with the thoughts that my SA would always give me that extra time. :koolaid:

Well before the permit arrived my mind was changed, not by watching things like this video but by listening to folks like you.

MY Rules

Rule one gun is always treated as loaded. And pointed in safe direction.

Rule two when carrying with one NOT in the chamber it is as good as being NOT loaded !

If the time ever comes I know that the advice from folks like you will have either saved my life or at least given me the BEST fighting chance I could have hoped for.

And yea the "related" from Nville stuck in my mind quick.

There were some other pretty wild "relateds" This is one screwed up world we live in.

Practice Patience, Practice placement, practice practice practice.

Guest TnRebel

Any time you go into any "Combat" whether on the street or in a war , ALWAYS Go Locked and Loaded . nuff said. if you treat self defense carry any different then combat carry then you have lost the fight before it starts. its all in mind set and preparedness , just remember the five "P" rule ( Preparedness Prevents Piss-pore Proformas ) :)

• 4 weeks later...

I got something else from this video. Looks like the BG's put a lot of rounds into this guy before he was totally stopped. Makes me wonder how hard I would have to flog somebody with my mighty LCP before they stop shooting ME.

As I ponder this, I'm sitting here looking at my 1911. Maybe small size, light weight, and abundance of cuteness aren't the most important things after all.

Guest marionandjohn
Any time you go into any "Combat" whether on the street or in a war , ALWAYS Go Locked and Loaded . nuff said. if you treat self defense carry any different then combat carry then you have lost the fight before it starts. its all in mind set and preparedness , just remember the five "P" rule ( Preparedness Prevents Piss-pore Proformas ) :cool:

I have to kinda disagree with you only because I dont buy guns with external safety levers for a carry purpose. I have a S&W99 that I carry cond 1 but decocked and a Springfield XD Cond 1. No reason to not carry chambered and a safety to me is still one more step. If you carry with the safety off and it gets bumped through the day and the safety is now on but in your mind it is off then you are going to have a malfunctioning gun. This is my reasoning for no external safeties. The best thing I can remember was from an old movie where the soldier was asked why his weapon wasnt on safe the solider held up his finger and said "this is all the safety I need."

Thought I would toss in my 2 cents:2cents: and no I am not trying to argue with how you carry if thats what makes you comfortable.