Glock 19 trigger help

My G19 has one of the worst trigger pulls I have felt on a Glock. I thought it would break in after a few rounds, but it hasn't. I have put ~250 through it. I took it a part today and did a DIY trigger job with a smoothing tip on a drimmel. It helped a little, but it is still "gritty". Can a gunsmith smooth it out any more or should I replace some of the parts with after market?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it have the New York trigger in it? About the best glock trigger I felt other than my old duty weapon (Glock 22) that had about 9k rounds through it was a Ghost 3.5 trigger, it was nice.

I don't know. What is a New York trigger? The gun is one of the Austrian version s that were shipped to the US. I don't know if that makes a difference because the other Glocks i have shot did not have the Austrian markings.

Guest Todd@CIS

If it's a self defense gun, I'd recommend staying with factory parts.

Not to knock any specific aftermarket product (I'm sure some work great), but I've seen a lot of them fail.

I have taken other factory trigger w/ triggerbars and connectors from my parts kit and tried different combos and have gotten better results.

Sounds like you just got a combo of the two that doesn't mate well.

Also, make sure that the surface between the trigger w/ triggerbar and the connector is well lubed with 1-2 drops.

I agree with Todd that with Glocks, factory springs and connector is usually the best way to go (believe me I've tried just about every spring and connector combo out there, Glockworx, Ghost, Lone Wolf, you name it, only to come full-circle back to stock).

The way it works is: whenever you go to a lighter connector you introduce more mushiness, trying lighter striker springs usually leads to light strikes, and then heavier trigger springs lighten the pull a bit but weaken the reset... SOOOO, that's why so many end up back with stock stuff in their Glock triggers. A crisp 5lb trigger beats a mushy 3lb trigger anytime.

If you got the gun used the chances you've got a non-stock spring/connector combo in there is remarkably high, higher than most guns without a doubt, with Glocks since the parts are so cheap and easy to change out, most everybody tries a few of the combos that are out there and you may have any one of them... if that's it, you probably can get a stock 5lb connector and stock trigger spring, polish 'em up and be done with it for $15, if it's still heavy probably means some moron put an extra power striker spring in there which is pretty rare as the factory one is plenty strong enough on most any primers out there.

If that's not it, it means you're not polishing the right places and just need to have a more experienced "Glocker" show you where you should be doing the polishing... that's all.

Good Trick: You can also get rid of a lot more of the creep/stacking by sticking the FPS in a drill as a drill bit and rounding it off a bit, giving the edges some radius on some 600grit or something, so the tab on the trigger bar (which of course you already have polished) rolls onto it and engages it more smoothly... should make any creep or stacking other than what's needed to finish cocking the striker disappear before the break.

BTW, Over-travel isn't nearly as bad with Glocks as some make it out to be, shortening the over-travel by using an "Rocket" non-drop in connector or trigger housing block with an over-travel set screw may help some shooters a little, but in reality Glocks don't really have a ton of over-travel compared to many other designs out there anyways and for most that bit of over-travel actually makes the gun more forgiving in rapid shots. YMMV here.

Cheers.

Edited by CK1