Dan Wesson 2010 prices

willis68

Guest HexHead
I love Joe and Hero Gear, but Hex...if you have never owned/shot a Dan Wesson...you probably wont understand why they are so great. If I have the money I will buy a Vbob...but in normal stainless...I dont think black is worth $400 more.

That still doesn't answer my question.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Joe and Hero Gear, but Hex...if you have never owned/shot a Dan Wesson...you probably wont understand why they are so great. If I have the money I will buy a Vbob...but in normal stainless...I dont think black is worth $400 more.

I have shot a Dan Wesson Cbob, it was nice but compared to my Kobra carry it was simply outclassed. The owner of the Cbob agreed, but for the price it was a great pistol The 2009 prices were fair now that they have gone up to where they are you should get more gun for that money, if you ever get a chance to compare a Cbob to an Ed Brown Kobra carry or Executive carry, or Nighthawk commander bobtail, or Wilson Professional you will see a clear difference these guns are expensive and there is a reason for that I am sorry but Dan Wesson simply is not on that level so for them to enter the price range of greater than 2k, does not make sense to me

On the stainlesss the frame will be forged. All bar stock instead of mim. Beveled slide. improved fire control parts. Heine straight eight sights. G-10 bobtail grips. Thats off the top my head. If you go to 1911forum.com there is a more detail description.

It will be between 400-450 more than the old CBOB with a cast frame and mim parts.

I still want to look at the new DW's. No one has seen them. I just think the stainless

VBOB a good buy. Try to find a DW in stock. The 2009 pruduction line is sold.

You have no problem finding Wilsons, Nigthawks and Baer's. I have seen shelves full of them. DW was built on value I know. Some of there prices are out of line. We will just have to see.

On the stainlesss the frame will be forged. All bar stock instead of mim. Beveled slide. improved fire control parts. Heine straight eight sights. G-10 bobtail grips. Thats off the top my head. If you go to 1911forum.com there is a more detail description.

It will be between 400-450 more than the old CBOB with a cast frame and mim parts.

I still want to look at the new DW's. No one has seen them. I just think the stainless

You have no problem finding Wilsons, Nigthawks and Baer's. I have seen shelves full of them. DW was built on value I know. Some of there prices are out of line. We will just have to see.

"what he said" B)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Dan Wesson used Ed Brown parts? if so there is no MIM, what parts are you referring to being changed to Bar Stock?

The only Ed Brown parts that were used, were the bobtail mainspring housing, memory safety and the slide release on the CBOB. This is what I was told. Some EB barrel bushings were used on some models. The Valor was the only non MIM pistol using a forged frame. The new parts I'm told will be made in house.

This was from a discussion I had with the military sales rep at the time I placed a order for a 2010 from CZ/Dan Wesson.

They are very secretive about their suppliers. On 1911forum there is a good read for DW,