New Hi Point 995 Stock?

BryanP

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it! I just put mine in an ATI stock about two months ago. Wish I had waited now. :(

That's kind of what I've been looking at. Do I want to try the ATI stock or the new one they're shipping for the 995 as of now? I was hoping somebody on here had ordered one and tried it.

I've heard it's hit or miss as to whether the ATI stock needs minor fitting. I will most likely order a TS stock after Christmas. For those who want to be sure the TS stock fits properly, I hear you can send it to HiPoint and they'll do it for you for $20. So $40 and do it yourself, or $60 if you want them to do it.

The ATI stock needs some fitting, but it's not hard to do and can be done rather quickly. And the little carbine looks 1000% better with the ATI stock! I think it handles better too. You cannot use the Promag Hi-Cap mags unless you do some work on the plastic sleeve that encases them. Of course, Oh-Shoot is correct about the Pro-Mags. I wasted money on two of them. I understand if you tinker with them you can get them to work. Something I really don't have the time for. in hindsight I'd have rather spent the money on the factory 10 rounders.

The thing that I like on the new Hi-Point Stock is the rail underneath the fore grip. That's something your going to have to modify on the ATI stock cause there is nothing to attach anything to. I'd love to put a bi-pod on mine.

...Of course, Oh-Shoot is correct about the Pro-Mags. I wasted money on two of them. I understand if you tinker with them you can get them to work. Something I really don't have the time for. in hindsight I'd have rather spent the money on the factory 10 rounders....

Well, I have to "tinker" with the factory mags now and then.

Apparently the ProMags require you to have both machine shop and metaphysical skills to make 50% reliable (on most ALL guns they are made for).

- OS

I actually got mine to drop right in to, BUT it was the devil getting the two posts and their screws to line up. That's another weakness of the Hi-point I see. I wish they would come up with another way getting the rifle together. Looks like that would be something someone came up with. I'd replace them in a heart beat is they did. Maybe something like the ARs use.

ARs got to be the second easiest rfle to breakdown. The AK is No. 1.