Where is musicman?

willis68

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hit 1400 posts back on 8/25 and hasn't even signed on since then. Is he still a Farmers agent in Smyrna?

No he jumped out of that. I had some insurance business with him and then he disappeared. From what I gathered he was doing some overnight stuff and just got busy. I've tried to e-mail and call him but can't get a hold of him. He is a great guy. I too hope all is well with him.

Hey guys.

Yea, life has kicked me in the nuts lately. Mostly my doing, and MAN does stuff just suck in general right now!

Anyways, I'm alive and trying to do a lot of growing up. Still making a stupid decision here and there, though... just to keep things interesting.

Nate, I'm sorry for not getting back to you. I suck. I'll try to give you a buzz in the next couple days. I hope things are going well with you. =)

Thanks Volzfan for checking on me. =)

Hey guys.

Yea, life has kicked me in the nuts lately. Mostly my doing, and MAN does stuff just suck in general right now!

Anyways, I'm alive and trying to do a lot of growing up. Still making a stupid decision here and there, though... just to keep things interesting.

Nate, I'm sorry for not getting back to you. I suck. I'll try to give you a buzz in the next couple days. I hope things are going well with you. =)

Thanks Volzfan for checking on me. =)

Good to hear it man that you are alive, I was worried about you :up:

Thanks Willis, Nate, and Volzfan. You guys rock. And not just you guys, but most of the folks on this forum are awesome, too.

I feel I need to do a little more confessing.

IN the middle of this year, as I realized my business was not turning to profitability yet (and all the changes the company I represented were making, were making it an impossibilty to profit) I kind of freaked out. With the best of intentions, I began the process of closing down my agency. I was doing OK for a while, and then one day I just got really scared for some reason. I dropped everything. I just couldn't do anything related to that business any more. There was no one or anything holding me back from my obligations except for my stupid self. I left a few folks hanging and I greatly apologize for that. I acted in a childish, irresponsible, and selfish manner.

I got some temporary work for Verizon in July/August and that was cool, but the job only lasted 7 or 8 weeks. Another sales opportunity came up and I jumped on board. Soon I was travelling quite a lot and that made it really easy to just not return calls or finish things. Just before that I took on another task that, as I began getting deeper into, I realized I could not do. I ran from that, too. I was/am a coward for that.

These last few months have been really humbling. I have learned a lot about who I am (not impressed with myself, lemme tell ya) and I'm finally starting to learn who I need to be. God has been dealing with me huge, and I am so grateful for it. I am in the hard, painful times now. I have caused problems for others, too, and I am finally confronting that. I feel like Earl Hickey! (from the show "My Name Is Earl") For any of you guys that I have hurt, I'm sorry. Let me know if I can do anything to right however I've wronged you.

This week I started a job at AutoZone in LaVergne. Nothing great, but I'm thankful for anything right now.

Well, I've got to finish packing. I leave for Delaware tomorrow, where I'll get to see my side of that family. (which I haven't seen for 2 and a half years now. I miss them SSSOOOOO much!!!!)

I may slowly work my way back onto the board if I haven't totally ruined all relationships here. You know the really lame thing? I haven't gone shooting in over 8 months!!!! How pathetic! :up:

Again, thanks for your concern guys. Your really don't know how much that helps right now.

Edited by musicman

As one who has wondered in the desert, just remember that God only gets us from captivity to the promised land by taking us through the desert. It strips us down so that He can be build us up in preparation for the blessings ahead. It is good to hear your heart. The length of our time in the desert is often related to the length of time it takes to strip us down. Stay focused James. Praying for you brother. :up:

Amongst others here who have been in those shoes, remember you're in good company in your ordeal. Think of Abraham, Isaac, Joseph, Moses, David, Elijah, Jonah, Gideon, Paul, Peter, .................:P

Edited by Smith

I have no idea of any issue you may have gotten yourself into, but as far as I'm concerned, it takes some real guts to come on TGO and man-up about your faults. This place can sometimes be brutal, but in the end, I think most of us have sincere care for each other.

Sounds like you're fully aware of the mistakes you've made, and are now in the process of picking up the pieces. Most of us have been there, so I'm sure most can empathize with what you must be going through.

I've only had one dealing with you in the past, and it was nothing but pleasant. If there is anything we can do to help you along in this process, please don't hesitate to ask.

James,

I have been there believe me!!! Have faith in the Lord and you will do just fine. It sounds to me like you have done a lot of soul searching and that my friend is a good thing! You and your family are in my prayers, Have a Wonderful Christmas!! if I can help you in any way, please PM me

I have no idea of any issue you may have gotten yourself into, but as far as I'm concerned, it takes some real guts to come on TGO and man-up about your faults. This place can sometimes be brutal, but in the end, I think most of us have sincere care for each other.

Sounds like you're fully aware of the mistakes you've made, and are now in the process of picking up the pieces. Most of us have been there, so I'm sure most can empathize with what you must be going through.

+10,000

Ditto, thanks for sharing.

I am fully convinced that everything happens for a reason. Some we don't understand or agree with. Years from now maybe you will be able to look back and say "Oh, now I get it!"

Enjoy your family it gets mighty lonesome around the holidays when you're seperated by a few states!

If there is anything we can do to help you along in this process, please don't hesitate to ask.

TDR said it well. We've all screwed up, and it takes some guts to admit it. Just say the word if there's anything we can do to help.

I've only had one dealing with you in the past, and it was nothing but pleasant. If there is anything we can do to help you along in this process, please don't hesitate to ask.

+100

who ever hasn't pulled this stunt at least once gets to start the tar and feathering.

That will be a short line....

Not much else I can add. Keep your head up.

Many of us have had a dark period or two in our lives, and can probably relate better than you might think.

I hope getting that off your chest was cathartic for you, and sincerely hope things improve for you.

Guest AreSeeFiddyWon

Weasels deny, deny, deny to the end and I don't hear that from you.

I don't know you, but I know this: Rare is the man that has the insight to know when he made a mistake or two, and even more rare, has the guts to admit it to himself, much less anyone else. That man almost always comes out good in the end. It sounds like you are well on your way to being that man.

Glad to hear from you MM. I was thinking the same thing a few days ago that I hadn't seen you around, and the last contact I had with you was insurance related (right about the time of you closing down).

My next step was to drive around you neighborhood trying to pinpoint your house so I could do a health and welfare check! :D