First GENERATION IV Photo

Guest GLOCKGUY

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how many people get their feathers ruffled over someone saying they wish glocks had an external safety. He stated his opinion lets not burn him at the stake here geez. I think this Glock is uglier than any on the others but at least the 3rd gens should go down in price a little when these come out I hope. I wouldn't mind getting a 19.

I can't believe how many people get their feathers ruffled over someone saying they wish glocks had an external safety. He stated his opinion lets not burn him at the stake here geez. I think this Glock is uglier than any on the others but at least the 3rd gens should go down in price a little when these come out I hope. I wouldn't mind getting a 19.

Sharing his opinion is fine and dandy, but this guy feels the need to start an argument about safety in EVERY, SINGLE, GLOCK RELATED THREAD.

We get the point, he's got a hard one for an external frame mounted safety. We get the point. No need to turn every thread into a "Glocks Should Have A Thumb Safety" thread. That poor postmortem equine has been physically assaulted quite enough.

Some of us are perfectly content with the safety mechanisms on a Glock, he needs to accept that, and move on.

Could have sworn they were going to "fish gill" looking serrations. I thought that really helped the look. Not a big fan of two tone "plastics" either. All black for me thanks.

Yeah - that's what I was wondering (about the fish gill serrations). Another brand new ad that I just saw tonight showed the new grips, but with the gills on the slide. More than one option?

Guest HexHead
Question here, and this may have been covered in another thread already. About the mags. Will the 4th gen mags be the same and interchange? In other words, would you be able to use the 3rd gen mags?

Older mags will work as long as you don't switch the mag release to the right side. Of you do, you need the mags with the release slot on both sides.

Sharing his opinion is fine and dandy, but this guy feels the need to start an argument about safety in EVERY, SINGLE, GLOCK RELATED THREAD.

Some of us are perfectly content with the safety mechanisms on a Glock, he needs to accept that, and move on.

+1 to that. We are all entitled to our opinions but the point of this was new Glock Devlopments etc... not Glock v/s XD etc... He can have his opinion but bashing Glock in a Glock thread is analogous to me going to a revolver forum and telling the revolver fans they like antiquated guns or telling hunters that sitting in a tree stand is boring. We all have a right to have an opinion, but not every thread is the appropriate place to post it.

Edited by JReedEsq

Well I have not cared for a GLOCK for years , but I have shot and handled a few . I have got to say I've been thinking about joining the dark side and getting one . I like all guns that do what they suppose to . I even own a hi point c9 so I don't bash any . To each there own , I think I hear the dark side calling maybe need to go get 1 or 3 .

Guest HexHead
Well I have not cared for a GLOCK for years , but I have shot and handled a few . I have got to say I've been thinking about joining the dark side and getting one . I like all guns that do what they suppose to . I even own a hi point c9 so I don't bash any . To each there own , I think I hear the dark side calling maybe need to go get 1 or 3 .

Come on in the pool, the water's fine. :P

I too was a Glock naysayer for years. Now I've got two of them. :popcorn:

Damn fine pistols.

Some assume that I have my finger on the trigger, but I don't, all I did was asked a simple question, about adding a simple lever that moves up & down on the frame, I know of guns since 1905 that have it ???:popcorn:

gunman the thing with the safety is if you had to use your gun you may not have time to think about is the safety on or off . Right now I carry a 24/7 oss with the safety off but it is decocked with one in the chamber . And a external safety will not stop a kid or bad guy from firing the gun . IMHO

Keep it properly holstered and no one will even know you have it. And it you draw it, fire, don't let the bad guy get a chance to grab it. And I guarantee you they know how to disengage a safety.

Back on topic.

I was a die-hard Glock hater... Then I bought a 19, the dark side has treated me well.