First GENERATION IV Photo

Guest GLOCKGUY

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GLOCKGUY
I guess I'm going to have to wait for GLOCK to come out with a FRAME MOUNTED SAFETY model ????

Why do you have a hard time keeping your finger off of the trigger until your read to pull it?

Edited by GLOCKGUY
Guest Todd@CIS

I obviously haven't picked one up yet, but it looks like Glock could have reduced the backstrap a little more (I felt the same about the "SF" models).

If it's not a significatant difference, it's not worth my time or money.

Guest GLOCKGUY
It's not my finger, I'm worried about !!! It's the bad guy's or a kid's finger that worries me ??

Well if a gun is properly handled and stored right you don't have to worry about kids or bad guys. I have 3 kids and all I've ever owned was Glocks and I always have a round chambered. If you teach kids about guns and how to safely handle guns you wont have to worry about that. And for a bad guy if you let him get close enough to take your gun a safety ant going to help you. ;)

Well if a gun is properly handled and stored right you don't have to worry about kids or bad guys. I have 3 kids and all I've ever owned was Glocks and I always have a round chambered. If you teach kids about guns and how to safely handle guns you wont have to worry about that. And for a bad guy if you let him get close enough to take your gun a safety ant going to help you. :clap:

I could not agree more ;)

It's not my finger, I'm worried about !!! It's the bad guy's or a kid's finger that worries me ??

I've got an idea.

You should fill every thread that has anything to do with Glock w/ your thoughts on how Glock needs an external safety because you can't keep your booger hook (or a bad guy's, or a kid's) off the bang switch.

I've got an idea.

You should fill every thread that has anything to do with Glock w/ your thoughts on how Glock needs an external safety because you can't keep your booger hook (or a bad guy's, or a kid's) off the bang switch.

Beat me to it. I thought I was in a Twilight Zone episode.

tlz1.jpg

I have a 19 year old son, that I've trained well, NEVER had an issue will kids getting my guns, as for a bad guy getting close to me, I live in MIAMI DADE COUNTY with 2 MILLON people. You can walk in the city or malls without a stranger near you, A bad guy can jump you at any time !!!

You need more training. Try Diamond Dave. ;)

As for the backstraps, I want to see how durable they are. I will await range reports.

You need more training. Try Diamond Dave. :P

As for the backstraps, I want to see how durable they are. I will await range reports.

Are those Grilled or Fried?

Oh to the topic at hand. New design looks cool, not cool enough for me to get rid of my M30 and "upgrade"....but I get attached to easily.

Onto the other topic.....What did we ever do before manufactors starting putting external safties on guns. It must have been daily masacres. Oh wait, no it wasn't. Can someone help me locate the saftey on my S&W model 19, I can't seem to find it, and no I am worried.;):)

LOL

Rumor has it that they will be around $40-$50 more per each model, but they will include 3 magazines instead of 2 (as currently offered).

so around $600? well I dont guess thats to bad, extra mags and all

Guest bkelm18
I won't pay that much for a GLOCK, you can buy them used for $350 to $400.

But you wont even buy them for that cheap because they don't have frame mounted safeties and we all know you can't keep your finger off the trigger, remember? :P We get it dude. You don't like Glocks. Move on.