Going to DC...what the heck can I use for self defense?

Guest jackdm3

Unfortunately, some businesses love to force you to check in your umbrella at the door. They even provide a clear Snuggie bag to put it in. Think it will be there when you leave?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only make that face when I'm constipated. Then I tell myself, "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in awhile...you shouldn't have ****ed with?" And its like an instant laxative.

"Who ... does ... Number ... Two ... work ... for?!?!" :(

Wait. That's is. Learn from monkeys: throw poop at your attackers.

Are you going to DC proper or one of the suburbs in like Virginia or Maryland? If you stay in the suburbs of Virginia you can carry your handgun on you. If you stay in Maryland you can bring a handgun, just leave it at the house/hotel.....unless you are fortunate enough to have a Maryland non resident handgun license.

DC is a bad place to try to legally own a handgun to keep at home. It is worse of a process than we go through to get a handgun carry permit. Supposedly the few chosen can get carry permits there...but i'm sure that's only politicians and retired police.

I would carry some good pepper spray. It beats a knife because it puts distance between you and the criminal. Get you a small can of Fox Labs...it's real hot...or a Kimber pepper spray that would fit well in a cheap uncle mike's snub pocket holster. Someone said it is against the law to have pepper spray in DC without some permit...but you'd probably get in a lot less trouble 'illegally' carrying that than a handgun....as in you may get it taken away and it thrown in the trash VS arrested for a pistol illegally carried.

I know this though......if I was staying in a hotel in DC proper...I'd surely have my handgun in the hotel (carry pepper spray in public though) and not tell a soul....i've never been strip searched before going in my hotel room....and i believe you'd be breaking a misdemeanor VS a felony in say MA or NY...i'd risk that in my hotel for safety as long as it is not a felony charge...but check first...i'm just a guy that likes to keep myself safe. DC has its share of criminals like Dallas or Memphis...and i sure carry a gun when going to those places.

lol thanks guys....i guess...well if I get killed in D.C. R1100 gets my FN HiPower and Hillbilly gets my machine gun ;-D

You know them guys will hire a hit man now.:taunt: