Going to DC...what the heck can I use for self defense?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plainsman

I carried a pocket knife with me the first day just out of habbit of putting it in my pocket. Whoops! No museums for me! The guard at the Holocaust museum asked me if I "had any credentials". I said yes, the constitution. Turns out I probably could have carried the knife in if I had been an LEO with "credentials". Its funny how "naked" you can feel knowing you have nothing at all to defend youself, and I was there just a few weeks before Mr. Von Brunn decided to visit with his rifle.

Just a random question: Why do all of the LEOs there carry revolvers? Magazine capacity limit or something?

Edited by Plainsman
I know I cant carry my firearm...so what the hell can I use to defend myself legally without worrying about going to jail if im caught with it? Pepper Spray, Taser?.....any help/info greatly appreciated...hate that our damn capital is so bass-akwards.

Based on a quick googling, pepper spray has to be registered with local LEO, and tasers/stun guns are prohibited for mere serfs.

I carried a pocket knife with me the first day just out of habbit of putting it in my pocket. Whoops! No museums for me! The guard at the Holocaust museum asked me if I "had any credentials". I said yes, the constitution. Turns out I probably could have carried the knife in if I had been an LEO with "credentials". Its funny how "naked" you can feel knowing you have nothing at all to defend youself, and I was there just a few weeks before Mr. Von Brunn decided to visit with his rifle.

Just a random question: Why do all of the LEOs there carry revolvers? Magazine capacity limit or something?

:screwy:Chicago is the same way. All the ones I saw downtown, had revolvers.

I hate traveling in those towns. If I have to go I carry a sure-fire flashlight and a good strong pen... blind 'em and run. The pen makes a rather pitiful weapon... but it's better than bare hands. The flashlight also makes a decent striking weapon. You can carry your flashlight and pens on planes, in museums, etc.

Guest jackdm3

St.Rick is right. But if you add keyboards, it'll flatten the city.

Now that I think of it, wear the keyboards, and do your country a great and noble service.

Why are you going to D.C.? :)

D.C. gay marriage bill passes first vote - Washington Times

D.C. gay marriage bill passes first vote

The D.C. Council gave tentative approval Tuesday to a bill that would allow same-sex marriages to be performed in the District of Columbia.

The bill passed 11-2 and faces a final vote that is scheduled tentatively for Dec. 15.

Mayor Adrian M. Fenty, a Democrat, has said he will sign the bill, which would go into effect after a mandatory 30-day congressional review period.

If approved, the District of Columbia will join Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa and Vermont in performing same-sex marriages. New Hampshire will begin performing same-sex marriages in January.

Photo Gallery

Or just protect yourself with the law. Tell those bad mens they can't be doing that. :)

This.

Just educate any would-be armed muggers, rapists, and/or carjackers of the District's strict firearms policies, and how effective they have been in crime reduction.

They're probably just not aware of it, and, once notified, that should clear up any misunderstandings.

You could carry a brick. But then if you hit anyone with it it would then be considered an 'assault weapon'.

btw, I've got some black bricks for sale if anyone is interested. :lol:

I like bricks, I carry one every day (XD) and drive one every day, (Jeep):D