Chris Henry passed away

Mike.357

Guest HexHead
Dude. He was arrested for things like marijuana possession, drinking with girls who weren't yet 21, and (GASP!) owning a gun. Not exactly Charles Manson. You know, there are lots of people who might opine that your lack of empathy and compassion for human life make you just as worthless a member of society as the "thugs" you so often decry. I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'... :D

Get your facts straight, and then we'll talk....

Henry, 24, was in the Hamilton County jail pending a court appearance Thursday after being accused of punching an 18-year-old man in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle. Police said Henry surrendered after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging.
Henry was arrested four times between December 2005 and June 2006, for possession of marijuana in northern Kentucky, carrying a concealed weapon in Florida, drunken driving in Ohio and providing alcohol to minors in northern Kentucky. In that case, he served two days in jail in 2006 after pleading guilty to a charge of letting minors drink alcohol in a hotel room he had rented.

Let's see that's assault, illegally carrying a concealed weapon, drug possession and DUI. Yeah, he was a real model citizen.

Edited by HexHead
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see that's assault, illegally carrying a concealed weapon, drug possession and DUI. Yeah, he was a real model citizen.
From the "Restaurant Carry Law Ruled Void" thread...
I guess I'll just go back to doing what I did before July 14th and well, concealed means concealed. I don't have any problem becoming a criminal and if anyone wants to make a scene about it, they're liable to get their ass capped.

So, you yourself have admitted that you illegally carry a concealed weapon all the time. Since we've already established that you're a flaming hypocrite, should we also now infer that you, too, like to smoke a little reefer, drive drunk on occasion, and get into fights? After all, you seem to have more in common with Mr. Henry than you'd like to admit...

Get your facts straight, and then we'll talk....
I think you'll find that my facts are ALWAYS straight... :D

Seriously though Hex, no one was claiming that the guy was a "model citizen". He was a young dude who had made a lot of mistakes, but by all accounts, he was trying to learn from them. Isn't that what we ask of all those like him? His untimely death is not something to be mocked or celebrated...

yanno, screw a bunch of you.

The point of the thread was to give ME a place to vent some feelings. I feel sadness over this. I thought there might be support here, mostly there has been.

Thanks for the support, ( thats sarcastic to the few of you who showed your ass)

Hexhead: There's a difference between a domestic disturbance, (as reported), and a domestic assault. If you equate the two then you are way off.

As far as the OP is concerned, it is a tragedy when people die so young. It was CLEAR from the reaction of his teammates that he was loved, and I dare say, (considering the accuracy of our "news" that some on this forum want to pick and choose which stories they believe), that he was indeed trying to turn his life around. Good for him!

Mike.357: I find it ironic that you complain about a lack of support on this forum when you ridcule others for their beliefs.

I know a guy that got a public drunk once, got pulled over for DUI, Got a reckless driving conviction, was put on probation for a year, had to go to alcohol counseling classes...was possibly heading down the wrong path. Today is tax paying, hard working family man that contributes to society, is active in the political arena on issues he is passionate about, is active in his Church, supportive of others that don't have the same belief system, gives to charity financially and physically and by all accounts is an upstanding good citizen and all around good guy. Glad people gave me...err ummm Him a second chance.

We all make mistakes, none of us are perfect, I for one, will give people the benefit of the doubt and yes 2nd chances. There are many many many more out there that are good when compared to the ones that are bad. The majority of professional athletes are good people, but we only here about the ones that screw up, why, because they are in the public eye. If this guy wasn't a professional athlete, we would care because we wouldn't know, but his family would, his friends would, his coworkers would. There are some bad cops out there, yep, I said it, but the majority of them are good hardworking, underpaid, under appreciated men and women. There are bad US soldiers out there that do some bad things.....oh my, did I just say that, yep, but the majority are hard working, good, patriots, hero's that are fighting for this country.

I know someone, very close to me, I mean very close to me, if it wasn't for a 2nd.....maybe a 3rd or 4th chance, he would be dead. This is not an exaggeration, this is the truth, he would be dead. He was a drug addict(dilauted, cocain, heroin, pills), he was an alcoholic, he dealt drugs, he engaged in other criminal activities. The day that he was going to die, again, not saying that for affect or exaggeration, the day he was going to kill his dealer and himself, he came by my house to say good by. For whatever reason, and I didn't realize the full extent of the situation at the time nor my affect, we talked, I realized enough that I got him to go to the hospital(drug rehab area), got him to get his mother involved, found a program that could take him, and he agreed. It will be 6 years this February that he has been clean and sober, he is married, has a kid, gainfully employed.

I believe that most people are good people. We are all human and we make mistakes, we make the wrong decisions, but all in all we are good people. Their are definitely some out there that are evil, and they deserve to be locked up, or whatever. There are always exceptions to the rule. I'm trying not to bring religion in this, but I will a little bit. I believe someone was put on this earth and died for us, so that we could have a 2nd chance. The least I can do is give a guy a 2nd chance, or hope that someone can turn there life around.

I'm cynical sometimes, but I hope I never get to the point as some of the people around here.

Guest HexHead
From the "Restaurant Carry Law Ruled Void" thread...

So, you yourself have admitted that you illegally carry a concealed weapon all the time. Since we've already established that you're a flaming hypocrite, should we also now infer that you, too, like to smoke a little reefer, drive drunk on occasion, and get into fights? After all, you seem to have more in common with Mr. Henry than you'd like to admit...

I think you'll find that my facts are ALWAYS straight... :D

Seriously though Hex, no one was claiming that the guy was a "model citizen". He was a young dude who had made a lot of mistakes, but by all accounts, he was trying to learn from them. Isn't that what we ask of all those like him? His untimely death is not something to be mocked or celebrated...

The big difference is I've never been arrested for anything. Ever. :lol:

What's interesting here is that I'm pointing out that this guy got away with all this crap since he was in the NFL, even though one judge referred to him as a "one man crime wave". Any of us would have been doing jail time for some of the things he got caught doing, but he got a pass and adulation just because he can run with a football. And I get personally attacked for feeling that way. That says a lot more about you than it does me.

As for second chances, I'm all for giving Michael Vick another shot. At least he served his time and paid his debt to society first.

Guest Drewsett
What's interesting here is that I'm pointing out that this guy got away with all this crap since he was in the NFL, even though one judge referred to him as a "one man crime wave". Any of us would have been doing jail time for some of the things he got caught doing, but he got a pass and adulation just because he can run with a football. And I get personally attacked for feeling that way. That says a lot more about you than it does me.

I just read what happened in the thread after my 1st post...whoa!

Guys, calm down! Geez!

I think we can all agree that it is tragic that a talented young man in the prime of his life was struck down in a tragic accident.

What Hex (I believe) is saying, is that the man was not a saint...and while it is certainly appropriate to mourn his passing, we need not put him on a pedestal and worship him, for he was imperfect...and not exactly the best of role models.

I think that the reaction of his teammates speaks volumes to his character, (remember how the Titans players seemed to keep Pacman at arm's length?) but even "good" guys can have issues in their private lives that would make most of us cringe.

So, in summary....sorry he's gone, but he wasn't a saint and we're not suprised.

whats the point some people are full of hate.
Step away from the ledge, Mike! After all, we just learned that it's okay to willingly break the law and brag about it so long as you don't get arrested for it (God help you if you do get arrested, though!)... :screwy:
Guest clownsdd
yanno, screw a bunch of you.

The point of the thread was to give ME a place to vent some feelings. I feel sadness over this. I thought there might be support here, mostly there has been.

Thanks for the support, ( thats sarcastic to the few of you who showed your ass)

I did apologize in advance, but my point was is too much is made of "celebrities" problems just 'cause it sells. They are no different that anyone else except for the fact to be blessed with exceptional athletic abilities, given the chance to prove it, and too many "professionals" are screwing that up.

no one was glorifying Chris Henry, I certainly wasn't. I do grieve for his death, it saddens me. He left a family who was dependent on him, he has children he was supporting, he left a huge void in another family, his football team.

hexhead said

punching an 18-year-old man in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle. Police said Henry surrendered after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging.

and you provided a quote where a judge called him a "one man crime wave", (which I guess you have edited out as it is no longer in your post.)

At any rate, the charges you put in bold were dismissed, it was not Henry who was involved. It was those charges that brought about the judges comment and Henry's subsequent waiver from the team. Henry was brought back when it became obvious he was innocent.

Funny though, crime is fine by you as long as it is you committting the crime or no arrest is made.

Michael Vick paid his debt to society, as had Henry (which you seem to ignore). both to this point seem to have made things right.

Edited by Mike.357
Step away from the ledge, Mike! After all, we just learned that it's okay to willingly break the law and brag about it so long as you don't get arrested for it (God help you if you do get arrested, though!)... :screwy:

thanks for the post Slug. It does put things in perspective.

Mike, I'm sorry for your loss. I've mourned the loss of several musicians that I felt close to, though I had never met them, as they impacted my life in a unique way.

While I understand where some of the detractors are coming from, you started this thread to share something dear to you, not to have a discussion regarding how society judges people differently. Unfortunately, the internet highlights the fact that some people don't understand there is a time and place for everything...

Prayers for his family.

Mike, I'm sorry for your loss. I've mourned the loss of several musicians that I felt close to, though I had never met them, as they impacted my life in a unique way.

While I understand where some of the detractors are coming from, you started this thread to share something dear to you, not to have a discussion regarding how society judges people differently. Unfortunately, the internet highlights the fact that some people don't understand there is a time and place for everything...

Prayers for his family.

You nailed it and understand exactly how I feel. I didn't know Chris, but he did impact my life. Far and away my all time favorite player for a franchise I once worked for.

Your entire post was spot on.

Thank you.

A witness claims that Chris Henry may have committed suicide by jumping from the truck- Witness: Bengals' Chris Henry Threatened to Jump From Truck Moments Before Fatal Fall - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Here is his fiancee's MySpace page, she was clearly a very classy lady:rolleyes:- **MRS..1...5...*** canT get No betta (Mrs. C. Henry) | MySpace