Springfield XDM 9mm

sparksjr

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep coming back to this one too:

external_42a.jpg

That is the one I originally picked, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I then saw the Green on Stainless steel. It was the ugliest one in all the pictures, but in person it looks awesome. So I went with that one.

Luckily my wife is going to get the all black one so I can switch the slides around when I want to be fashionable. :rofl:

Anyone in the Nashville area (I live in Franklin, south of town on 65) who would like to shoot a 4.5" XDm in 9mm is welcome to PM me.

I've had mine about 7 months, 2000 rounds, 0 FTF / FTE, except for my tiny little sister limp-wristing one round. She also hit 8 1/2" X 11" paper 95 out of 100 rounds the first time she ever fired a hangun (5 yards) with it, so that was not too shabby.

As others have said above, it's very comfortable in the hand. What hasn't been mentioned is the pointability. Short of a single stack 1911, I've never picked up a weapon that felt as close to cops-and-robbers style finger pointing.

I did add Truglo TFOs, which helped a bit, since the stock 3-dots left something to be desired.

After having several XD's, Glocks, etc. I have to say I really like the XD's. The high bore axis is my nemesis though. Now if they could only get the 3.8 barrel with a slightly abbreviated grip they would be hard to beat for a carry gun.

I got to shoot gnmwilliams XDM 9mm on Monday and I loved it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the 4.5 barrel, but now that I see they are coming out with a 3.8 I may have to get one.

Than once he gets the 3.8'' I can shoot his! :rant: But I do wanna thank BrazilNuts for takin me on a tour of the ORSA facilities and letting me shoot his stuff too. Never knew how much a couple cans and a big mud puddle could be once you add an AR to the mix! :eek: Oh and to reply to the whole difficulty of concealing a longer barrel, I guess it's just all about your physical size cause I can conceal it comfortably even with the grip being as big as it is. However, 19 rounds does get a tad heavy depending on where you're carrying it.

That is the one I originally picked, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I then saw the Green on Stainless steel. It was the ugliest one in all the pictures, but in person it looks awesome. So I went with that one.

Luckily my wife is going to get the all black one so I can switch the slides around when I want to be fashionable. :rant:

I have the green and stainless one too, but in .40. Love it and my wife's XD9SC. Springfield is giving Glock a run for their money.

Anyone in the Nashville area (I live in Franklin, south of town on 65) who would like to shoot a 4.5" XDm in 9mm is welcome to PM me.

I've had mine about 7 months, 2000 rounds, 0 FTF / FTE, except for my tiny little sister limp-wristing one round. She also hit 8 1/2" X 11" paper 95 out of 100 rounds the first time she ever fired a hangun (5 yards) with it, so that was not too shabby.

As others have said above, it's very comfortable in the hand. What hasn't been mentioned is the pointability. Short of a single stack 1911, I've never picked up a weapon that felt as close to cops-and-robbers style finger pointing.

I did add Truglo TFOs, which helped a bit, since the stock 3-dots left something to be desired.

Ditto on my .40 on both the offer to shoot and the lack of malfunctions. Though since I haven't had anybody limp wrist mine so far, I have had zero malfunctions. Unless you count when I went to CIS class and drew my paddle holster with the gun once. :eek:

I've had one for several months. LOVE IT! I can't comment on carrying it, since I haven't much. It's my dedicated night stand gun, equipped with a TLR1. I used to have the smallest backstrap on it, since my wife liked it better. But she's been keeping her Kahr close to her lately, so I put on the big backstrap last night, and boom... Like magic I loved it even more! Exchangeable backstraps is a brilliant idea.

The only downside to 20 rounds is when you buy a box of personal protection ammo, you have to buy 2 in order to have a few to shoot through the gun.