Knoxville Expo Gun and Knife Show - 12/12

just went out and tested the new to me 1911 mag. The gun cycled and went bang everytime. Also tested one I had bought at the last show I went to, which did not work. I had tweaked on it and it also cycled and went bang every time. I am hopeful they are both reliable. Woot!

Looking forward to Saturday even more now.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the show this afternoon with my son. We had a good time. Didn't see much I wanted, but I did manage to snag a Mosin Nagant M-44 for $125. The wood seems to have been shellacked. Looks clean though. Didn't get the sling or oiler and other stuff. Guy just had the rifle.

A man at one of the tables took a liking to my son and gave him a lock back knife and another gave him a tootsie pop. He made out like a bandit! He had fun, but I think he was ready to go after two hours. Of course, part of that might have been because I promised him we'd go to Hooters for lunch.

His momma is to thank for that. I met them at the Red Lobster on Kingston Pike for dinner last week after work. They got there before me and he asked her what Hooters was. She said that was the place where the waitresses have big boobs and daddy likes to go. Soon as I sat down, he said Daddy, you need to take me to Hooters. So we made it a guy day, gun show and Hooters!:confused:

Found this place for parts. I picked up an M44 also. Found two places actually, but this one was cheaper. Going thru checkout, the cleaning rod rang up $4 less than listed price.

Mosin Nagant M44 Accessories

If you are interested, this place has slings w/Russian markings.

Mosin Nagant Parts and Accessories

Edited by bubbiesdad
Add info