Knoxville Expo Gun and Knife Show - 12/12

Went to the show this afternoon with my son. We had a good time. Didn't see much I wanted, but I did manage to snag a Mosin Nagant M-44 for $125. The wood seems to have been shellacked. Looks clean though. Didn't get the sling or oiler and other stuff. Guy just had the rifle.

A man at one of the tables took a liking to my son and gave him a lock back knife and another gave him a tootsie pop. He made out like a bandit! He had fun, but I think he was ready to go after two hours. Of course, part of that might have been because I promised him we'd go to Hooters for lunch.

His momma is to thank for that. I met them at the Red Lobster on Kingston Pike for dinner last week after work. They got there before me and he asked her what Hooters was. She said that was the place where the waitresses have big boobs and daddy likes to go. Soon as I sat down, he said Daddy, you need to take me to Hooters. So we made it a guy day, gun show and Hooters!:)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent the morning and half the afternoon at the Expo Center.

Had a great time with the usual suspects. Lots of kicks and giggles.

Made near 5 laps around the place. Proud that I did not bring home any more mouths to feed. Almost pulled the trigger (pun intended) in a Hi Point .45 that was FTF for 125 beans, but figured I have enough .45's already. Wasn't really planning to buy a gun anyway.

Show was on the small side for the Expo Center, probably about 80% of normal as far as tables. Not too crowded but enough people to keep it interesting. Some lovely ladies in attendance too. Plenty of new gun vendors.

T and T still seems to have the best prices on new guns. Fair amount of people selling FTF. Prices not too crazy, but there are lots of proud people selling SKS's. I did not see any deals on ammo, some fair pricing on some though. and some blatant rip off's, one guy had 100 rd boxes of Winchester .45 for $70, YIKES! Too bad Ga. Arms was not there.

I ended up with a GI mag for my 1911 and a box of armor piercing ammo to shoot from the Garand.

All in all it was lots of fun, but great company while walking the aisles is what makes that possible. Glad I went.

MoPed, did you buy that M44 from a guy in camo? We looked at a M44 and it was the only one I saw, you did good talking him down 25 bucks if it was the same guy. Good enough rifle for the price you paid. I am jealous about the Hooters, I love them.

Guest Bluemax

It was a good day, although I didn't manage to pull the trade off I was hoping for, I got to meet several guys from the forum and put faces witheir names...all nice guys whom I enjoyed meeting very much

No. I got this one from a skin young in bluejeans and a baseball camp. He wanted $150. I offered him $125 and he took it. In hind sight, I wished I'd have offered $100, but I felt that was too low. I need to find some dog collars and a sling. It also doesn't have the cleaning rod. I've seen them at SARCO or someplace in Shotgun news.

As for prices, I heard one dealer complaining about the the lack of interest in his "older" guns. He had some old Iver Johnson looking revolvers. The old kind. Said he did a lot better online. If that was the case, I didn't understand why he didn't just sell them online.

There was an old Charter Arms Bulldog .44spl that an older fella wanted $275 for. The finish was about 60%. I thought about offering him $200, cause I've always wanted one, but I didn't figure he come off of it that much, so I moved on.

Seemed to me that there were a lot of AR's there. People were carrying them around and they had a tables on top of tables of them. Can't believe they are still selling at those prices. I saw nothing under $799, but I wasn't looking that close.

Guest TnDeerHunter

My first trip to expo had a great time and brought home a new to me toy. I finally found a Winchester 52b sporter, made in 1949 great shape. Sorry don't know how to post pictures.

We plan on going in the morning, like Sun. morning better you can move a lot better. I think we will have a couple of SKS's for sale or trade and am always looking for a good deal on a new toy. I am still hoping to find another M-1 carbine to go with my collection of others I may or may not have but everyone has gone crazy on them and I am not interested in making a couple of house payments for a gun. :tinfoil:

Guest 70below
We plan on going in the morning, like Sun. morning better you can move a lot better. I think we will have a couple of SKS's for sale or trade and am always looking for a good deal on a new toy. I am still hoping to find another M-1 carbine to go with my collection of others I may or may not have but everyone has gone crazy on them and I am not interested in making a couple of house payments for a gun. :tinfoil:

Anything other than Chinese? I'm always interested in a Russian, sometimes Yugo's, Romanian, and Albanian.

. I am still hoping to find another M-1 carbine to go with my collection of others I may or may not have but everyone has gone crazy on them and I am not interested in making a couple of house payments for a gun. :tinfoil:

I saw a lot of M1 Carbines. You'll have fun looking at all of them. They were pretty scattered around. I hope you find the one you are looking for.

Guest cdsusong

I went today as well. Saw a bunch of Ar's as well. I took my Winchester Model 94, 30-30, mfg 1981. Wasn't real sure what to price it at, looked up the serial number on line and got a price range from $350 to $600 depending on condition. Mine was bought new in 81, I have ran 1 box of ammo through it since. No rust or scratches. I priced it to a couple of people at $400 including vendors and they said it was a good price? Any thoughts? Oh and I brought it back home. I really wanted to get an M&P AR 15/22 for my son, oh well.

oh yeah I forgot this bit. There was one table with various stuff on it that had a handmade sign that said " Spuds was framed"

Not sure what that was about

actually mike it read "spuds wuz framed", lmao

wanted to ask him about that but he was engaged in conversation and I never got back around to his table.

I thought it was a great show. Crowd seemed like it just kept coming in. Spotted a heap of lever action's and while I am searching for the "one" to bring home all the prices were a tad out of my budget.

Sks's were untouchable for the most part, but I did manage to make some local happy. I shouldered a clean matching numbers chinese around for most of the show but was asked about it just before leaving. I shot him a "leaving the building" deal and he took it. We were both happy :D

I spotted a tempting AR on one table $650 OTD. Only thing stopping me was the upper and where it came from. But for the price I was still tempted.

Still looking for that s&w or colt ar-22. Never saw any ftf models walking around and dealer prices varied from $500 to $650 :tinfoil:. But everyone has a figure they need to get I guess.

All in all I was pleased with the turnout. See old friends, make a couple new ones, and be among like minded people.

both are Norinco, one with spike one with-out. I would say the same M-1's will be there that I have looked at for the last 60 or so shows all over priced and getting hauled all over creation looking for a sucker. They will have a Win. action but nothing else will match and be asking a crazy price, I don't care if every piece on it is a different maker as long as that is how it was when it was defending our country. I want mine to be ruff and tell a story not be a gun cabinet beauty all done up and such!!:tinfoil:

Guest Bluemax
oh yeah I forgot this bit. There was one table with various stuff on it that had a handmade sign that said " Spuds was framed"

I wondered about that as well :tinfoil::D

Well, I didn't buy anything either though I came prepared to. :drama: Went shopping for AK's, found a few and made some offers but no one would commit to my "cash out the door prices".

Saw a few deals on various gear depending on what you'd settle for, other than that, the show pretty much sucked. :D Most were trying to hold out for top dollar prices....kinda expected that being the last show before Christmas. Can't blame people for trying to make a little extra to help off set the cost of the season.

I think I saw 5 fellow TGO'ers there. OhShoot and Mike.357, my fellow co-worker thanks you for your advice. It kept him from buying spur of the moment. I brought him to look and when he saw something he could "afford", he wanted it. First time buyers...:death::P:D 70Below and SUNTZU...good to see you guys again. Saw someone else in the crowd I've seen before but don't know who you are.....:cool:

Maybe the first show of the year will have better deals then this one...

Guest 70below

Still looking for that s&w or colt ar-22. Never saw any ftf models walking around and dealer prices varied from $500 to $650 :death:. But everyone has a figure they need to get I guess.

One of the dealers on the far right had an M&P15-22 for $479......maybe a bit flexible too?

Guest mikedwood
" Spuds was framed"

Maybe this:

Because of the popularity of the ads, they were the subject of attacks and calls for censorship by tempernce-oriented groups. In 1992, the Center for Science in the Public Interest , along with MADD, charged that Anheuser-Busch was pitching the dog to children. Although the (FTC) found no evidence to support that allegation, the ads were dropped.

I got it from Wikipedia on Spuds MacKenzie.

If you google "Spuds was (or wuz, for that matter) framed" in quotes this thread comes up #1 on google and I believe it is the only link to come up for it.

Sorry for the thread drift. I couldn't afford any gun show this month so..... what else am I suppose to do?

I got it from Wikipedia on Spuds MacKenzie....

That's funny.

Just to quell the mystery, the starchy individual in question was a TGO member who has been banned, and the sign in question was on his seller table at the show today.

Even though it was recently stated here that I am his "good buddy", I actually was able, with another TGOer's help, to identify him for the first time today, though I did not engage him in conversation, TGO related or otherwise.

- OS

Maybe this:

Because of the popularity of the ads, they were the subject of attacks and calls for censorship by tempernce-oriented groups. In 1992, the Center for Science in the Public Interest , along with MADD, charged that Anheuser-Busch was pitching the dog to children. Although the (FTC) found no evidence to support that allegation, the ads were dropped.

I got it from Wikipedia on Spuds MacKenzie.

If you google "Spuds was (or wuz, for that matter) framed" in quotes this thread comes up #1 on google and I believe it is the only link to come up for it.

Sorry for the thread drift. I couldn't afford any gun show this month so..... what else am I suppose to do?

If I had to guess, I'd think it was more closely related to this:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tgo-forum-support/28352-aker.html

One of the dealers on the far right had an M&P15-22 for $479......maybe a bit flexible too?

That was over there by the explosive powder wasn't it?? There was a Ruger SR22 I was trying to talk him down on if it was the same guy. It was up 2 spots from the S&W. If he would have taken $435 OTD taxes, tags, title and all...I would have had me a neat .22......unfortunatly, I couldn't talk him down on that or the Draco pistol he had on the table.......:death: