Wallet stolen,HCP replacement ?'s

Guest Chandler

Guest Chandler

Yeah got the wallet ganked. SOOO , on the website tn.gov, it says that I have to go to a center and apply again. Is there another way then going down there? Anyone had to replace theirs recently? Any tips...

Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stovepipe

Sorry to hear about your loss... Used to be able to download the duplicate permit forms on-line and mail, but don't think so any more. Not having to wait for a background check and all might hurry the process... I wonder if your receipt will work as a temporary?

I always recommend people to buy a duplicate while they are doing the paperwork. It's cheap and handy for times like this.

In June I decided to go ahead and get an duplicate card "just in case". Picked up an app at the drivers lic station, then sent in birth cert and app, plus $5. Got it back last month.

The site says they can mail you an app if you prefer, I just happen to drive by the station several times a week.

Duplicates/replacements must not be on the priority list.

Handgun Carry Permit Duplicate or Change of Address

Roy

Guest monsterking138

i just got a duplicate and when i called to find out why it was taking so long they told me that they do a background check for them also. took about 2 1/2 months.

Back check for a duplicate permit? seriously?

Very possible.

When I moved a while back I changed my address on my DL online. A few months later took my son to get his DL so I thought I would just get me a new one with my updated address. I had to show my health card (I have a CDL) again, even though my address was already changed in the database and I simply wanted a new license printed.

Guest Chandler

nobody ever told me this , that is a good idea , I should have done that originally. guess I have to go down to the office. Still have my receipt I think. I think that I will get some duplicates this time.