permit needed to carry taser?

my wife is reluctant to carry a firearm for her own reasons, have them in hte house and i carry but she doesnt want to. she has shown interest in carrying a taser lately.

is there any certification or permit needed for her to carry a taser?

yes im talking about the actual taser that shoots the wire prong leads out and not just a stun gun type thing.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Tennessee, no, no training is required but IMO it's a really good idea. I'd also suggest some training or exposure to things like mindset, situational awareness, Col. Cooper's color codes, etc.

To carry a baton or nightstick does require a certification course.

Some may be along directly to tell you that it is illegal in Tennessee for a law abiding citizen to carry a TASER for defensive purposes, but I respectfully disagree.

Edited by BigPoppa
Guest jackdm3

Poppa, you bring up another topic that still aggravates me: batons and such.

I don't think I'll ever understand why we can be cleared to carry a lethal instrument with long-ranging projectiles, but ohhhhh nooooo, You can't carry a baton or a knife longer than 4 inches. :mad::D:rock:

With a permit, we should be cleared for anything less than a handgun.

Poppa, you bring up another topic that still aggravates me: batons and such.

I don't think I'll ever understand why we can be cleared to carry a lethal instrument with long-ranging projectiles, but ohhhhh nooooo, You can't carry a baton or a knife longer than 4 inches. :mad::screwy::crazy:

With a permit, we should be cleared for anything less than a handgun.

In some states you are I believe and there's varying opinions on carrying a baton here if you have the certification. It's at least a defense to carrying it. TAZERs are like spray though for civilians, buy it, and rock it.

Check out the C2. It's awesome and if your wife ever has to use it, she leaves it attached to the suspect and if she sends Tazer a copy of the police report they will replace it free of charge.

i do agree with the situational awareness and such. my wife used to be a cop but didnt like the job. shes not anti gun but doesnt feel comfortable carrying one. she is enrolling in self defense classes as soon as we find some here in town as well. we are also always going over different scenarios and such while out in public. we quiz each other constantly about how many people are in an area, where the exits are, etc... we have code words we use in conversation to key each other in to things that make her nervous and such as well. i just want to give her a more useful tool than her bottles of pepper spray she now carries. ive personally seen severeal people i have sprayed in the line of duty have no effect with the spray.

Guest bkelm18
i do agree with the situational awareness and such. my wife used to be a cop but didnt like the job. shes not anti gun but doesnt feel comfortable carrying one. she is enrolling in self defense classes as soon as we find some here in town as well. we are also always going over different scenarios and such while out in public. we quiz each other constantly about how many people are in an area, where the exits are, etc... we have code words we use in conversation to key each other in to things that make her nervous and such as well. i just want to give her a more useful tool than her bottles of pepper spray she now carries. ive personally seen severeal people i have sprayed in the line of duty have no effect with the spray.

Seems like you guys are on the right track. Situational awareness is probably the best weapon you'll ever have. Best of luck on finding what works best for both of you.