glock 34

Guest BigCountry

Guest BigCountry

I recently traded for a new glock 34. I was pumped when i got it, but the last few days I've heard a few things that unsettled me.

1. Glocks don't like OFB? Kinda kills the cheap on reloading.

2. Who makes a good aftermarket barrel for the Glock, so I can shoot lead bullets?

3. As long as my pressures are below max, will there be head separation problems?

I didn't hear any of this when I was looking.... hindsight is always 20/20.

Thanks for any info.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KKM precision and Storm Lake Barrel makes the aftermarket barrels too. These are great for shooting leads bullets also. The run about $160-$165. If you wanna use quality parts I think you will have to spend some money. I know I want the best for my tools. You got to remember these pistol are our tools.

Allan

Bigcountry:_________

Try the copper coated lead bullets from Berry or Rainier for your handloads. They work just fine. I use them for practice in a baby glock using the original polyagonal barrel. The barrel stays clean as a whistle. Chronograph velocities about 1275 fps. They are very accurate too.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

LEROY

All of the aftermarket barells are good. It doesn't matter if it's a BarSto, LoanWolf, Stormlake or what ever......there have been tons of "this barell vs. that barell" threads on GlockTalk even to the point of the manufactures comming into the theads to say that neither barell is better than the other. Personally, LoneWolf is the way to go. I currently have one for my G19 and it shoots no differently than the stock Glock does. I've also had Stormlake and KKM barells.....all of which preformed the same when I did my part to shoot correctly no matter the caliber.

The biggest difference is in price which is where LoneWolf shines a little better......I doubt you'll go wrong with any of them. You'd be better off getting a LoneWolf for your reloads for target practice since you're talking about being "cheap to reload" vs. buying factory fresh.....

BTW...

LoneWolf is about $120

Stormlake and KKM are around $160

Barsto is around $200

They all are as accurate....