Glock 21 Exploded at range?

SkunkSlayer

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting the both of you should bring up gonorrhea at the same time.... anything we should know about....? :popcorn:
I guess thinking about Glocks causes strick to have a burning sensation when he urinates too. Granted it doesn't say much for us, but what does it say for Glocks.:hiding:
Guest Synghyn

My name is Synghyn, and I don't like Glocks.

Don't get me wrong, I've fired them and had no problems, and have never heard anything bad about them first hand other than the same things I don't like more or less.

They aren't to me a good looking gun, not really all that important, but ya know, it's there. And more importantly, they just aren't comfortable in my hand. The grip shape is just off, not that it's all that big (my wife just can't stand the size of them), but just not comfortable. Also, the glockbutt, I mean come on, it just sounds bad!

I'm interested to hear if we do get any information, what the cause of the failure was, ammo or gun. It does seem unlikely that the gun would fail without a cause, but yeah, dud Glocks can happen just like anything else in the world. I'll be watching it.

Syn

If its such a sure thing its the guns fault then someone needs to chime up and put their money where their mouth is.... :-)

I've fired and keep my Glock 21SF loaded with Hornaday Tap 230 gr. +P and i'm perfectly comfortable with it. I'm sure there's plenty of examples of other guns failing, not just Glocks.

It looks and feels like a big ugly black brick but I'm used to it, but most important to me is that every round I've ever chambered and fired in it has ejected perfectly and a new round chambered. It also has a 13 round capacity and I can hit a torso size target at 100 yards.

Now I'm always thinking about something better but that's just something more compact with a better grip, as far as reliability, capacity, accuracy and punch the G21 has that covered.

You can have that. If you need the extra rounds.

STI, PARA, SV, all make double stack 1911s.

It was kinda tounge in cheek.

I was trying to say a Glock needs a thumb safety like a 1911 needs a double stack mag in the same vein that someone might say "I need a new car like I need a hole in my head".

I like the Glock the way it is, and I don't think it needs a thumb safety. I also like the 1911 the way it is (slim-ish), and don't think it would benefit from a double stack mag.

It was kinda tounge in cheek.

I was trying to say a Glock needs a thumb safety like a 1911 needs a double stack mag in the same vein that someone might say "I need a new car like I need a hole in my head".

I like the Glock the way it is, and I don't think it needs a thumb safety. I also like the 1911 the way it is (slim-ish), and don't think it would benefit from a double stack mag.

yep, both great guns. :death:

I am another that the Glocks just don't feel right to. Before we buy a gun. we go to the ranges that rent and try them out. We went earlier this year and picked up a Glock, a S&W, and a Sig. HATED the S&W, disliked the Glock, and bought the Sig.

I wish I had been able to do the same before I bought my Kimber. That gun is just a jacka$$. Named it Eeyore because of that and it must be depressed sitting in the box watching my Beretta get all the attention.

I would almost bet that the exploding Glock was an ammo related incident. Not necessarily that that ONE round was a problem but a combination of not cleaning or improper ammo usage before. Sadly, unless someone sets up a rapport with the officer that fired it, we will probably never know what the official position turns out to be.

If it is manufactured by man it can fail! A friend an I were getting ready for a ppc match, and he had a brand new colt, I was spotting for him at a 50 yard target, and that brand new colt trooper blew up, blew the cylinder in two, and we never did find the back strap. Sent it back to colt, and they said it was an ammo error, BUT they sent him back a brand new Python " In interest of good customer relations"! Right

Wil be back shortly!

I be a Googling this so called "man made breakage"!

Will report back...

( If I not back in 10 minutes, wait longer. Thanks)

You're just ornery cause I made fun of your other post.

tron.gif