Collage football Picks - Bowl Games - FREE

JeffsSig

Thought it might be fun to run a TGO College Football Bowl Pool (No charge to play)

I am not sure how well this works but I thought some may want to try.

Please use your screen name on TGO so we know who you are.

Go here: Join Pick 'em Pool PoolTracker Games

It is free and I will come up with something for the winner.

Ill give a box of ammo away to the winner

Edited by JeffsSig
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can edit your password by clicking on My Profile on the top of the page.

It will set your password as your email for the first time.

(Players get to view other's picks after picks deadline has past.)

Deadline is Dec 19th

We cant charge to play this as I think it is against Forum rules.

Edited by JeffsSig
Can't think of one reason why he would do that.

And UC is my pick for that one.;)

I am on a ND email list, there are several members who are alumni and ex football players there. Word is that the job is more than likely Kelly's to turn down. Harbaugh waiting in the wings as a back up choice.

If Kelly does accept I see no way he would be allowed to remain as UC's coach for the bowl game.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Looks like fun.;) I'll make some picks in the next few days....been a long one today. Maybe next year we can do this all year?

Fun Fun Fun:D

I am on a ND email list, there are several members who are alumni and ex football players there. Word is that the job is more than likely Kelly's to turn down. Harbaugh waiting in the wings as a back up choice.

If Kelly does accept I see no way he would be allowed to remain as UC's coach for the bowl game.

I dont quite understand, dont most coaches who change jobs go ahead and coach their old team in the bowl game? Or are you saying either UC or ND would not allow him to? I'm kinda confused....although not hard to do;)

Looks like fun.;) I'll make some picks in the next few days....been a long one today. Maybe next year we can do this all year?

Fun Fun Fun:D

I dont quite understand, dont most coaches who change jobs go ahead and coach their old team in the bowl game? Or are you saying either UC or ND would not allow him to? I'm kinda confused....although not hard to do;)

it becomes a conflict of interest he will be recruiting for the Notre Dame as soon as he signs and UC will not like him poaching recruits

I can't think of any coach who takes another job and has been allowed to coach his old team any further. Definitely a conflict of interest.

I would like to see Kelly announce he is taking the ND job the day after the Sugar Bowl as he feels he owes it to UC to see this season through.

But it ain't gonna happen.

Hopefully he will do as he did when he came to UC, half his staff stayed on and coached the previous team in a bowl game.

The current players for UC are the ones getting the short end of the stick if he goes to ND. But this stuff happens every year somewhere.

Guest Traumaslave

Why would he go to ND??? UC is a dominating force in the BE and had a small shot at the BCS game. Why give up what he has for,,, what???? tradition? ;) weekly spots on Notre Dame Broadcasting Company?:eek::P:p

Trauma I imagine the big draw for Kelly is $$$$$, while UC might at best only offer $$.

Can't imagine him being Irish Catholic and a lifelong pursuer of that job having anything to do with it. ;)

I am pretty much hearing it is a done deal, will be announced Friday. The UC football banquet is Thursday night and he will tell the team in private then. Also hearing that UC is not making much of an attempt to keep him aboard.

Lets face it, UC or ND. UC can't compete with it. The Big East is not the SEC, the Big 10, or even the Pac 10. It is like a red headed step child anymore.

Not saying it will happen, but can you image Kelly's place in football lore should he return ND to the elite status it once held?

I do not fear gloom and doom for UC either, there was plenty of that talk when Dantonio left for MSU too.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I would like to see Kelly announce he is taking the ND job the day after the Sugar Bowl as he feels he owes it to UC to see this season through.

But it ain't gonna happen.

That would seem to me to be the RIGHT thing to do I dont know why anyone would do otherwise. Like you said $$$$$! I also agree it is the players who suffer, but then again it the players who played so as long as enough of the staff stays to run the same schemes they should be able to perform as they have been.

All the talk I have heard all week is about the Cinncy-FL game which is kinda cool in my book, its almost like being in the NC game double :eek: Even if it aint.

I do understand the conflict of interest thing it just never dawned on me, surely no one would do such a thing in this day and age...;)

And I guess I was thinking of when Zook left FL, they fired him but he still had to coach the last few games which seemed to me to be almost punishment to him, I know his whole time there was for me :eek:

And as much as I do not like FSU I do have a lot of respect for Mr. Bowden, I am also very happy he will get to coach not only a bowl game but one against the team he left to go to FSU. That has to be kinda cool for him.