No price match at Gander Mtn

I found out today that Gander Mtn. no longer price matches on ammunition or firearms. :D;)

I was there anyway and thought since they price match I could get walmarts price on some .45 ACP Blazer I would go ahead and get a box.

Clerk said they do not do it anymore.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you Dotson. I only ever bought ammo there that they price matched. No way would I pay 29.00 for 100 rounds of 40.S&W WWB when Wallworld has it for 21.00

A 550 Ct. Box of Remington Golden Bullet is more than 14.00 there and less than 12 at Wallmart.

I am disappointed that they dropped price matching. I wonder how much longer Bass Pro will keep on doing it now.

Include guns too. I'm always looking for my next purchase, in this case a S&W 60 w/3" bbl. Coal Creek Armory's stated price on their web site is $540. GM's price was $749 for the very same gun. Filed a complaint through the GM customer service link on their web site. The Knoxville store manager called me. His explanation was that they have gunsmith service, and extend the warranty by a year. He wouldn't budge on the price.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you add a year on a lifetime warranty? Are they suggesting that I carry it after I'm dead? That was my last visit to GM.

A friend told me a few days ago that they had reduced the price to an even $700. Wow! Now that's getting down & dirty-nasty competitive!

I've learned my lesson. I'll support the little guys.

Guest tarheel78

I stop by GM rather frequently. They have a great selection of calibers (except .223; shelf is usually vacant), but the prices are consistently uncompetitive. Even Wolf/Brown Bear is ridiculous. Some of their name-brand new .223 is over $1/round, ridiculous. One time they had a new selection of OD .50 cal Army surplus ammo boxes on display, high on top of the shelf next to the ammo section. I asked 3 different employee "how much?" No one knew. At the cashier, I asked for a price check. Again, no one could tell me. He said "they just showed up on the truck, so we put them out, but no one knows what to charge." I said "well what if I want to buy 5 of them right now?" He said "come back tonight or tomorrow and maybe we'll have a price by then." So I bought 5 online (almost new condition) from armygear.com, for 1/2 of what GM eventually posted at the price. Still, they sold out, the fools will come and bought those rusty buckets. Go figure.

They will end up pricing themselves out of the Knoxville market. Dick's is supposed to be moving in next to them very soon. That's not saying much, but maybe they will start a price war with each other and drive down prices.

DaG

Dicks is not really going to compete with GM. To me they are aimed at a different market. Dicks for sure is not going to sell handguns, and the Dicks out in West Hills has a very limited selection of long guns. More often than not it reminds me of a KMart where you have to hunt down someone to help you with ammo.

With GM not price matching I now have no reason to go to Turkey Creek other than if I need to deliver wine and liquor. I seriously doubt I will ever set foot in GM again. And to be honest that is fine with me. I despise Turkey Creek and all that is stands for.

Guest Engloid

If I have a choice of going to one place for the lowest price, or go another and have to talk to a manager, or wait while they verify the competitors low price, I'd rather go where I can just buy at the lowest price.

Price matching is crap. If they want to match and take off 10% more, I'd be all over it.

Guest Phantom6

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you add a year on a lifetime warranty? Are they suggesting that I carry it after I'm dead? That was my last visit to GM.

A friend told me a few days ago that they had reduced the price to an even $700. Wow! Now that's getting down & dirty-nasty competitive!

I've learned my lesson. I'll support the little guys.

Yeah, what he said!

If I have a choice of going to one place for the lowest price, or go another and have to talk to a manager, or wait while they verify the competitors low price, I'd rather go where I can just buy at the lowest price.

Normally what I would have done, but because of work I am in Turkey Creek every week and it was more convenient than making a special trip to walmart. And FWIW they never made any phone calls and always had taken my word on what I wanted ammo matched to.