Ak-47 input

Guest benchpresspower

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the thumbhole stock models (norinco) be converted to a regular stock?

Yes, just did a Mak 90. It did take some attention with a dremel and file for correct fit though.

Just for the record, a WASR is a great gun if your picky when buying. There are decent rifles out there that can be found for a good price. That being said, the deal on the Arsenals are about the best going right now. Arsenal builds a great rifle from my experience.

Edited by 10Kilr
Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

On the MAK-90 replacing the butt-stock to go with a more traditional AK style in not very hard. On the stamped receiver rifles there are 2 types of receivers. 1 Has a straight cut at the rear of the receiver, the other has an angle cut. The angle cut receiver have the bottom corner edge cut. If you have a straight cut you can fit any stamped AK style buttstock, if you have an angle cut there will be a gap, and if the gap bothers you the only stock option is buying from ironwood designs. In short, you want a straight cut reciever.

The biggest thing in my opinion is to handle the weapon and hand pick it if possible. Even the best importers have bad days that end in canted sights and gas blocks. I have a century yugo on a DCI reciever and I would put it up against any other AK even though some bash century builds.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop
How 'bout input on zastava pap, imported by EAA I believe??

Too cheap?

Are they currently importing the Zastava rifles? About a year ago there were "rumors on the Internets" :popcorn: regarding the importation of these rifle. So, did they actually make it happen, I was not going to hold my breath in anticipation of it. If it has that is great and I would like to see and perhaps purchase one of these rifles.

As for the stock, I am not sure as I have not inspected on in person yet.

• 4 weeks later...