G33

Mark A

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one,

And I can shoot it just as accurate as my G19.

The G19 and the G33 are the most accurate Glocks I own currently.

I've owned many other Glocks, but none have matched the accuracy of my G33 or G19. The only draw back is the price of .357sig and some times it is hard to find.

Ammo availability and price lead me to a G27.

Honestly, I have a chronograph but have not ran any .357 Sig over it YET...

But I'm not sure that the velocity will be much higher than 9mm +P+ out of that short of a barrel?.....

I got the g33 because I always wanted a .357sig.

I own it, but I'm not sure it is the "BEST" choice for personal defence as it was claimed when it first came out.....

To work properly at 1,300fps you NEED bonded bullets, and that COST MORE to shoot.

Thanks TNShooter.

Hopefully I will find one close to shoot in the next few months. I've been saving my brass for a while and I am finally starting to reload so hopefully the cost for practice won't be too bad.

I just really like the way the round shoots. Very flat and for me it has less felt recoil than 40 does.

Mark

I like the 33. The .357 is one of my favorite calibers. I would recommend the 32. There isn't that much size difference and you get a full grip and more rounds in the mag. I am not a big fan of the extended mag grips. I don't think the round is too powerful for the smaller size of the 33.

I had one but let it get away. I now have a 27. If I had it to do over, I would just get a 40 barrel for it. The 357 Sig had a lot more muzzle blast, especially with standard ball ammo. I had a case of the Blazer stuff that looked like a flame thrower. Also, they also make some pretty hot 135 grain 40SW ammo now that nearly equals the 357 Sig in velocity...1300ish...but with a .400 diameter bullet so it kinda renders the 357 Sig a little moot. Plus, I am a reloader, 40SW brass is so much more plentiful and since it is not bottle necked, I don't have to lube the cases to re-size them in the Dillon.

I love my g33, very easy gun to shoot for a mean round. Just like most the ammo is high but with you reloading it shouldnt be to big of a problem... if your ever around tullahoma your more than welcome to shoot mine

bl

Thanks for the continuing info...

I'm going to keep my eye out for a used one as I make my rounds through the various gun stores in Nashville. Eventually I will find one and give it a try.

RBL, I was just in Tullahoma a couple of days ago. I've got a couple of my guys working down there on a small job. If I have to go back down there I will give you a shout, thanks

Mark

I have shot one and was very surprised how controllable it was. Very manageable.

Should note, I have small danty little girly hands so the grip wasn't too bad, but if you got man sized "Gorilla-choke-a-rottweiler" hands then it might be a little awkward.

Guest The Highlander

I love the .357 SIG round. My favorite Glock (at least this week) is my G31. I'd love to get a G33 to go with it. And sooner or later I'll pick up a .40 S&W barrel just so I can take advantage of any ammo that might come my way. As a huge fan of the 10mm, I've always been prejudiced against the .40 Short & Weak!

Mark A,

I share your affinity for the .357 Sig. I purchased my first Glock, 32, a couple of months ago after doing a lot of research. I have been very pleased with the gun/caliber combination and have found it to be accurate and manageable. After shooting my 32, my wife commented that the recoil was noticable but not sharp. She says much the same about the recoil from my H&K 45 Tactical.

I like the pistol and round so much that I ordered a 33 this past weekend. My guess is that I will want to use mag extensions to give my little finger some where to rest and help with recoil.

Good luck with your selection.

Guest Micromancer

If you are looking to buy a carry gun and use the 26 as a backup your better option is to get a G19 (anyone sick of me saying this yet?)

The reason for this is the magazines can be shared between the guns allowing you to have more options.

By all means if you like the 33 I'm not saying you shouldn't get it - but it really would be more advantageous to have a backup that shared mags with your primary.

I chose a G27 subcompact over the G23 for the reason of versatility. I added a LW 9mm conversion barrel and I use mag fillers to use my G23 or G19 mags for that mid size grip when I want it. I plan to pick up a LW 357 SIG barrel or a G33/G32 barrel if I decide to add that caliber. Right now I have no brass or dies for that caliber so I holding off.