Dandridge PD teaches HCP class Bashes Bush and the NRA

Guest cnrotceagle

that erks me, i cant even comment really, not without ranting....i will say this though, it is a shame that people with those viewpoints are govt officials. he sounds like the type that would have no qualms with violating our constitution. the gun controling lefties would be ever so happy to recruit this fellow, and i believe he'd enjoy signing up.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's an officer and teaching in department facilities, his actions reflect on the department.

Hex,

I would posit that if he's an officer, and makes it explicitly known that he is a uniformed police officer to his clients, his actions directly reflect on his department as well, no matter where he gives his lessons. My belief is that it is his implicit responsibility to uphold the mores and values of the dept. he represents, be it police or other. I'd guess that many of our former MIL / current law enforcement members would back my asessment up.

Even if you're not wearing the uniform, it carries a great deal of weight with most of us non-service types. I'd guess that in the firearms respecting community, wearing that uniform is looked at as a badge of honor, and something to be respected and admired. As such, this man would be naturally be seen as a person of authority and respect in the minds of his students.

Thus: He has made it known that he earned his badge and speaks from a position of authority. He is not just an instructor. He is a living, breathing symbol of protection from all things bad and wrong.

Anything he says will be filtered through those ideals, and will be interpreted as the official view of his P.D.

*Note - I'm not disagreeing with you; parsing your quote was just the easiest way to start my rant.

My :),

Patrick

Right, but it's nearly unfathomable to me that someone could actually BE that hypocritical.

Oral Roberts,

Colt Firearms Inc

Diane Fienstein

Rosie O'Donnel

Sylvester Stalone

Sharon Stone

the list goes on and on

Just wanted to chime in here.

I totally agree with everything the o.p. said,I live in the Dandridge area and I am with familiar with this individual.I am sure his views do not reflect how the rest of P.D. feels about these issues.So without getting too personal lets just say that he has a reputation locally.

In other words, hes a tool

I have no problem with police department allowing officers to teach HCP permit classes on their property. My beef is the fact that this guy is taking economic advantage of the NRA and bashing what it stands for. The fact that my wife and I wrote him a check for $120 saddens me. He is entitled to his beliefs, but I would like to discourage anyone else from ever giving money to this guy. I would not lose any sleep if he lost his priviledge to teach the class or if the NRA kicked him out and/or took away their cheap liability insurance from him.

The guy said he had been teaching the class for many years, and there is no telling how many hundreds or thousands of uniformed, new gun owners this guy has been preaching his ignorant opinions to.

Is this guy the only HCP instructor in the area?

No matter what type of class I am spending my hard earned money on, I verify the class and the quality of the instructors as much as possible.

I would definitely send letters, emails, and phone calls to his superiors, the NRA, and TN Department of Safety.

Spouting off his politics and basically putting down gun owners while teaching a HCP class is Bull :)!!!