gun values

redneck

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a web site to look up gun values(pistol,rifle,shotgun)no matter of age of the gun? any info

THANKS

Not for free. Best go to BAM and get "Guns and Prices" or other price guides. The one I got was about $22 and covers them all. The Blue Book cost much more.

Guest mikedwood
You can also sign up on GunBroker and search the completed auctions. That way you can search what guns have actually sold for, not just what the starting bid is.

Yeah Gunbroker is about the best I know of.

You can also sign up on GunBroker and search the completed auctions. That way you can search what guns have actually sold for, not just what the starting bid is.

Good idea since a lot of the starting bids can be a bit inflated....:koolaid: I also use Buds.com for an idea of current model pricing.

THANKS , I am looking at a Berreta 92 2 mags fobus holster and crimson trace grips at a local shop . It is in great shape but they are asking $600 , I think that is a little hi . Any input

Guest BigShot

Those CT grips are 200+ so $400 for a quality pistol does not sound that bad. I'd still check a "gun's digest" value for the 92. Really depends on what shape its in.

Here's one that sold at Bud's without the CTs for 469....

used Beretta 92FS 10 round mags for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $469.00

Check the mag release... The really older ones were different.

Might make the value a LOT different.

Edited by BigShot

I'll second Buds - many compare prices when shopping around, even nation-wide. As far as GunBroker - you never know what something will end up costing, it seems, unless you watch the auction and check the price at the end, but I've seen some really silly stuff happen on that site.

Guest Micromancer

Gunbroker and Buds are great places to shop for prices on general stuff. I also check out summitgunbroker.com who carries a limited supply of police trade ins and things from collections hes bought. If it were me looking for a 9MM, I'd probably be more inclined to hop on Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri. at $400 shipped (edit: bah looks like that one is sold out :/ ) since it already has night sights.

CT grips are cumbersome, and lasers might have their application - but grabbing a gun with night sights and a rail allows you to get a TLR-2 if you have to have a laser, and a TLR-1 if you realize that the extra $100 is probably not going to be well spent.

He also has some Beretta 96 Centurions fairly priced but they are in .40 not the 9mm you were looking at.

Well the hole deal about the Berreta , I took the wife gun looking last sat. . Was trying to find her next pistol so i took her so she could handle the guns (her hand diff from mine) .She fell in love with that Berretta ,so sence this gun is for her I'll get what fills good to her . I think i will go back sat. morning see if they will let we field strip it , then start talking money . Thanks everyone for the input .

On a second i brought a XD .40 home yesterday (it belongs to a friend) let her shhot it she did not like the looks or firing of it . I love the XD , so missing out on a great deal . He wants 400 only had 12 rounds down the pipe and is only 2 months old .:up:

Remember it's nice to have a local gunshop. Definitely do some serious research and then go make him a polite offer if you still want the pistol. Also you could buy a new Glock for that price, just saying... :up: oops back on topic. Fobus holsters are cheap. I've seen used Crimson Trace grips for Beretta's between 1-2 hundred bucks somewhere online. The pistol could have led a simple life... Or it could have been on the hip of my uncle and banged on every doorway and vehicle it entered. I'm just saying you should find out the problem areas.for frame/slide cracking/ failure and INSPECT. And you do realize you can't actually shoot a happy face in a target with a Beretta?

Thanks everyone for all the info . My problem is Im shopping for her .:D But it has got to be a gun that I will trust . I think I will go back to that shop and talk to the man to see what he knows about the background on that gun . I think she just likes the laser . I can get a laser on about any , and tried to tell her that ( all you married men know ) But thanks agian everyone.:lol: