GSSF Discount?

jay1313g

I have seen that you can pick up a great deal on a Glock if you are a member of GSSF. I believe it was as low as $389 on some models.

However, I could only find one gun shop (in TN) that was listed as honoring that deal and it was in East TN.

Does anyone know of any dealers in West TN that participate in this discount. I wouldn't mind becoming a member for $35/yr to save $100+ on a new Glock. (and get all the other benefits of being a member!)

Thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you ordered the gun from Glock and had it shipped to your dealer, just like any other FFl transfer. I have never done it, and have just recently been looking into joining myself. So I have no real knowledge, just thought that was the procedure. :koolaid:

Guest hi im drummer03

I think you can call the GSSF site number and they can tell you. What is the only dealer in East TN that you found could accept GSSF discount?

How long does it take to get the coupon?

I can't recall who the dealer was but I think they were in Knoxville. It was not a name that I had ever seen mentioned on this board before. From what I read, you can get the "deal" on one Glock per year so if you are interested, I'd get signed up with them soon!

Guest TN BUBBA

The dealer in Knoxville is Craig's Firearms Supply. Since it was a 2 1/2 hour drive one way I ordered one from OMB Guns in Kansas. They have agreed to accept orders from GSSF members who live too far from the authorozed dealer in their state. It took longer to get the certificate from GSSF than it took to get the gun delivered to my local dealer. You can go to the GSSF web site to get the details on how to join, get the certificate and see a listing of all authorized dealers in every state or go to Glock Talk forum and look at the GSSF forum page.

I joined earlier in the year and it was simple to do.

.I wouldn't mind becoming a member for $35/yr to save $100+ on a new Glock.

Anyone know if this may apply to the yet to be released "Gen 4" glocks?

Sure would be nice to snap up the new one at a used gun price... if so I'm joining.

Guest VolGrad

The GSSF discount should apply to the new Gen 4 guns once they are released. The trick will be finding one in-stock or waiting for Glock to even have stock available to sell to GSSF members.

If you don't have an in-state dealer within driving distance you can order direct from Glock using the info supplied with your certificate and have it shipped to the dealer of your choice. You would be responsible for the shipping (not much but can't recall exact price), possibly local sales tax (not sure about this), and any FFL transfer fees your dealer charges you for use of their FFL.

I have a Glock LE dealer less than 5 miles from me (in GA) so I pay the $398 (for most 9/40/357) plus local sales taxes.

FYI - If you go through the Glock Armorer's Course you get an additional 2 pistols per year at the price (3 total incl your regular GSSF cert). The AC is good for 3 years. You still need to keep your GSSF membership current to get that discount cert and participate in Glock matches.

Guest The Highlander

GSSF is also now affiliated with the CMP, so membership will let you purchase CMP weapons if you meet all other CMP requirements.

The Highlander

Guest VolGrad
GSSF is also now affiliated with the CMP, so membership will let you purchase CMP weapons if you meet all other CMP requirements.

I'm not familiar with the acronym CMP. More info please. Thanks.

Guest The Highlander

www.odcmp.com

CMP is the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Going from memory, it was established around 1903 by President Teddy Roosevelt. Its mission is to do exactly what it sounds like, promote civilian marksmanship. Seems the army had determined that the city slicker young men it had coming in didn't know which end of a rifle the bullet came out of, and it needed a way to encourage people to acquire the knowledge.

The benefits to us are the means to legally purchase at good prices some of the finest military weapons our country has ever had. Check out the website above for a lot more information. Their inventory changes pretty often, and you have to meet certain requirements, one of which is membership in a recognized gun club. The GSSF meets that criteria. You also have to participate in a recognized competition, the GSSF can help you meet that as well.

The Highlander

Edited by The Highlander
typo