Glock Bulge?

nb forrest

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The subject leaves much to be desired. Are you asking or telling?

I found this peice of brass at the range. It looks like the weapon fired out of battery and it was not a Glock because it had a round firing pin. I thought it was interesting that the case did not rupture. If this thread is not appropriate then delete.

Guest Todd@CIS
and it was not a Glock because it had a round firing pin.
It's not that the thread is inappropriate, it's just that the subject and content really gave no indication of what you were asking. Thanks for clarifying.

LOL...that, and the title / subject matter have nothing to do with one another.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest bkelm18
^^^^ or something like a .40 shot from a 10mm or something????or versa vice????

Don't believe a 10mm can chamber in a .40SW. A .40SW can chamber in a 10mm IIRC but it would still be in battery and wouldn't bulge like that.

• Administrator
The title was an attempt at humor.

You should curtail that in subject lines, especially in the topic-centric forums, since many people search subjects for threads relevant to whatever they are interested in at the moment. The title is misleading.

Guest HVAC Worker

Let me guess,you write for David Letterman.Sorry I just couldnt pass this one up.As far as the casing I have no idea,sort of like Letterman.

I've had several like that happen in my G30's. It most always happens, from what I understand, on the bottom 1/3 or so of the bottom of the case, after several reloads.

I tend to load on the warm side. I never have had one go all the way around. I don't remember where I heard this, but it also might have to do with the cartridge not being fully supported by the chamber. Maybe, maybe not.

Guest Micromancer

This case has been resized. The click the bar to view the full image. The original case is sized .40 and in a Glock would have caused a 36KB.

S&W made a 10mm revolver and you could load the 40's on the full moon clips and fire them. I wonder if the gun had an obstruction in the barrel, the pressure would build up and bulge the case as it extracted. That's an uneducated guess though.

Guest Micromancer
Yet another reason to avoid inexperienced babes with excessively tight chambers.

If the chamber isn't tight that means your case won't be fully supported and you risk a kB!, especially if you are feeding her hot loads.