Thanksgiving menu

Mike.357

So what was on your table this Thanksgiving? I should have taken a pic.

Turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, green beans w/ham and new potatoes, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, white whole kernel corn, corn bread casserole, fresh made cranberry sauce, stuffing, baked macaroni and cheese, crescent rolls, dinner rolls, gravy, butter, pumpkin pie.

I always say today is my wife's Super Bowl. For twenty some years running she is undefeated and still the champion!

Now I can't wait for some digestion to happen so I can have a turkey sammich w/cranberry sauce for a snack later on. YUM.

What a day!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

PS: I do my part, made the cranberry sauce and I do all the processing of leftovers along with all the clean up.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

turkey n gravy, cornbread dressing, oyster dressing, praline sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, squash casserole, cranberry mold, deviled eggs, caesar salad, sister schubert rolls, gewurztraminer, riesling, vandermint.. .. and pumpkin cobbler for desert! mmm. im thankful! :)

Guest HexHead

Today's repast:

Stuffed clams (gotta pay tribute to the first New Englanders)

Stuffed shells with sausage meat sauce and Reggiano Parmesan (gotta have the pasta dish before the meat course.)

Turkey (putting some bacon strips over it in the oven to give it some extra goodness)

Sweet potato casserole

Green Bean casserole, w/bacon and additional grilled mushrooms.

Asparagus with lemon, butter and garlic (think Picatta sauce, and I get to use my asparagus steamer for something other than hot dogs. LOLOLOL )

Cornbread dressing with Andouille sausage and the usual mirepoix.

Freshly made gravy.

My wife baked a reduced sugar yellow cake w/ chocolate frosting for dessert, along with expresso.

Top it all off with some Highland Park in a SMS glass.

Since my closest family members live roughly 500 miles away, I went to my girlfriends Grandmother's for Turkey Day. Man, what a spread.

No way i could remember the entire menu, but I'll give it a shot.

Turkey

Ham

Broccoli, rice and cheese casserole

Dressing

Sweet potato casserole

Asian Slaw

Rolls

Mac-n-Cheese

Chicken-n-Dumplins

Turnip greens

Fried sweet corn light bread

Mashed potatos

Deviled eggs

Corn on the cob

Cranberry salad

Green beans

Peach Cobbler - Made by yours truly

Peach and apple pie

Apple pie

Pumpkin squares

Sugar cookies

Strawberry pretzel salad

Chocolate fudge pie

And another pie that I can't remember

Waffle House, bitches.

waffle house, waffle house, meet me at the waffle house, breakfast lunch and dinner tooooooooo, there's one near you.

Went to mom's, turkey, ham, dressing, mac/cheese, corn pudding, green beans, baked beans, rolls, pumpkin pie, cheesecake (which I made), gravy. bring a the tagament and a cold one...

I made two stops today.

The first at my gf's parents house we had:

Turkey and Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Homemade Rolls, Sweet Potatoes, Homemade Dressing, Cranberry Sauce, Cheese Ball, Dirt Cake, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin pie, and Cheesecake

Then when I stopped by my mammaws house we had turkey, ham, dressing, homegrown creamstyle corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, cheese ball, Velveeta dip, sweet potatoes, cranberry salad, chocolate pie, cheese cake, Pecan Pie, and Pumpkin Pie.

I am very thankful for my family as well as my girlfriends family who have treated me like a son for the past 2 years.

Deep fried Wing sauce injected turkey

Cherry wood smoked brown sugar ham

macaroni salad

sweet potato casserole

cranberry salad

dressing

gravy

BBQ'ed fried corn

yeast rolls

deviled eggs

apple pie

and lots and lots and lots of ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had the family over at my house. We had turkey, ham, cornbread dressing, green peas, dumplins, mac and cheese, deviled eggs, yeast rolls, sweet potatoes, fried apples, cranberry sauce, chocolate pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and a pumpkin roll and sweet tea. It was all very good. Hope you guys had a great one!

There was just the two of us for dinner this year, for the first time in 60 years. We baked a Smithfield ham with a mustard/brown sugar glaze and accompanied it with mashed taters, gravy and green limas. Homemade punkin pie for dessert. It was just fine!