Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

TGO David

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

Not really sure how this will shake out...CHIEF07...or anyone from the CPO Mess? any thoughts? I can't read the tea leaves on this one...Sea Lawyers? I would think going IN COUNTRY...get the CM away from the biased media and their desire to skew the proceedings

Not really sure how this will shake out...CHIEF07...or anyone from the CPO Mess? any thoughts? I can't read the tea leaves on this one...Sea Lawyers? I would think going IN COUNTRY...get the CM away from the biased media and their desire to skew the proceedings

You would think they would get a better trial stateside, but with media and the libtards here, they might have a better chance over there

Signed. Reminds me of the report about the Marine that was "also

killed". Those news types would rather report or make up garbage

against our soldiers instead of news.

It cost a lot to train good military men. Crap like this, is what causes them to get out early and take all of that training and experience right out the front gate with them. Then, the military has to start all over again with a brand new, green, recruit and train him to replace the trained and experienced one they lost to political correctness. As Michael Savage says, "We need less patten leather, and more George Patton. The politically correct politicians and media have caused our military leaders to try to "wimp down" our fighting forces. This is a bad thing. We play by the rules, and the enemy cuts our heads off, burns us, and drags us through their filthy streets! Where is the common sense these days? I say, get the politicians out of the front lines, and let the Generals and Admirals run the war. Also, require the press to be in uniform, just like they were in WWll, and require all information they want to send back be screened by the military brass. Our troops hate the embedded reporters, and do not trust them. Make them "War Correspondents", just like WWll with all the same rules, or get them out of the war zone. they hurt us more than they help us.

Guest mustangdave

I say...put the politicians ON THE FRONT with insufficient ammo...while our boys hang in the REAR WITH THE GEAR...see how quick things change...I know it'll never happen

From the "Goat Locker" this has been a pile of dog dung from the get go. This kind of crap causes our troops to second guess their moves, which slowes them down, and could get them killed! At least a trial in Iraq may prevent Chris Matthews or Wolf Blitzer from declaring them guilty on live TV, before the trial even begins. I believe most of the press coverage is bad news for our troops. We need to bring back the draft! Had these reporters and politicians served in the military, their attitudes would probably be much more favorable to the guys that protect our freedoms. The best to all my Navy Chief brotheren out there.

UPDATE:

1. Well, as most of you already know, Julio Huertas went before a judge this morning and in a rare move, Commander Tierney Carlos moved the trials of Jonathan Keefe and Julio Huertas to Iraq after government prosecutors said they would make the detainee available for deposition at Camp Victory in Baghdad; however, they would not bring him to the US to testify.

2. WE ARE STILL ON FOR THE RALLIES NEXT TUES, JAN 19th! Even if Matthew McCabe’s court date is moved from the 19th, we’re still going forward with the rallies. At this point, there’s a strong chance McCabe's trial will also be moved to Iraq and this might be our last good chance to show them strong public support before they head off to be tried in a foreign land. I don’t know about you, but this has fired me up just a bit. We can bring Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to New York and parade him around in front of his victim’s friends and families, but we can’t bring Ahmed Hashim Abed to Virginia. Instead we’re going to make these boys front the bill to go to Iraq. If this doesn’t begin to infuriate you, something is wrong. I do want to stress the importance of a peaceful protest; however, we need to send one hell of a message to the world that real Americans are not standing for this; peaceful, but let’s not go unheard! Now is the time to shed light on how we really feel about “Political Correctnessâ€.

3. Legal Defense Funds – Since these guys are going to Iraq to face their accuser, the legal fees are going to be much higher than if they were to have stayed in the States. Please help these guys out if you can. We have links to a few of the Defense Funds up on the site: Support Our SEALs | Legal Defense Funds. If you cannot give, please spread the word to everyone you know about the financial burden these SEALs are taking on. They need our support.

Update:

1. Chris Brahs from Albuquerque, NM has setup a rally on Jan 19 outside Kirtland AFB. You can get all the details & RSVP at: Support Our SEALs | Jan 19, 2010 National Support Rallies

2. I wanted to pass this on from Diane Blazer. There are a ton of blogs, websites, Facebook groups, ect. where people are expressing their frustrations with the case surrounding these 3 SEALs; however, this message from Diane is just about the most heartfelt I’ve read yet. Please take the time to check it out: Login | Facebook

3. Neal Puckett (Matthew McCabe’s lawyer) was on CNN Monday talking about the case and also, a local Norfolk, VA news station ran another story that same day. You can find both of those videos at the top of the videos page on the website at: Support Our SEALs | Videos

Update:

1. Not sure if everyone is aware, but Matthew McCabe’s scheduled court date was moved from this coming Tues, Jan 19 to May 3 in a decision that was made by the judge yesterday in Norfolk. The judge granted a request to prosecutors to delay the trial because apparently the 3 other SEALs who are expected to testify have stopped cooperating and notified the court that they've retained their own lawyers. Also, unlike Huertas and Keefe, McCabe’s trial will stay in Norfolk because according to the Washington Examiner, “McCabe's attorney, Neal Puckett, says there's no need to move his trial because he doesn't need to question the detainee”. You can find the newest articles at the top of the articles page on the website: Support Our SEALs | Articles

3. Chris Brahs has had to change the location of the rally at the Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM because the base will not let him use the empty lot outside the base. Instead, they are moving to the corner of Eubank Blvd SE & Southern Blvd SE. There is a huge dirt lot on the corner where everyone will assemble. I have updated the information on the website and you can download the newest map there: Support Our SEALs | Jan 19, 2010 National Support Rallies

4. I’m sure by now most of you have seen the poster “A Mother Avenged” of Matthew McCabe hugging Donna Zovko; the mother of Jerry Zovko who is one of the Blackwater guards that was killed in Fallujah in 2004. The picture was taken by Russell Pope at the Dec 7 Rally & a very talented artist by the name of Jeff Preston turned it into an amazing piece of art. Jeff has made this image along with another SEALs poster available to download and hopes to see them at the rallies this coming Tues. You can find both of those images at: SEAL Posters - FREE THE SEALs!. At the request of Jeff, donations for the posters can be made directly to the Navy SEALs Fund by going to: Navy SEALs Fund - Contribute to Navy SEALs Fund. Also, you can order a copy of the “A Mother Avenged” poster by going to our website http://www.SupportOurSEALs.com and clicking on the “A Mother Avenged” image on the right. * Everyone needs to be aware that these images are copyrighted and there can be no commercial use unless written permission is given. Currently, sales must be authorized by Jeff and all proceeds (minus shipping costs) from the posters must go directly to help these 3 SEALs.

2. Even though Matthew McCabe’s court date has been moved, we are still a go to rally on Tues, Jan 19. These guys still need our support and we still want to send a message to the world that we’re behind them. We have the media on board and a ton of supports across the nation that are planning on coming out. So, make your signs, prep you flags, get your posters, ect & get ready to make some noise!

Not sure why the order is whacked like that, that's how it was on the FB message I copied it from...

Update - looks like anyone interested will be able to get email updates now (see #2 below):

1. Let me start by saying thank you to everyone who went out today and showed support for these 3 Navy SEALs. I know these guys greatly appreciate what everyone is doing. From what I’ve heard the rallies we a definite success! I will work on a more detail list of how they turned out and try to get that sent out to everyone within the next couple days. I’ll also get updates, articles, ect. posted up on the website for everyone to read.

2. Updates / Staying in Contact – Facebook only gives me a couple days to send out bulk messages once an event is over, so I won’t be able to update everyone with info on the rallies, ect. through this events page much longer. I have, however, created an email updates page on the website. Just go to: Support Our SEALs | Email Updates and put in your info & I will keep you updated that way. If you have any trouble, please let me know asap since I just rolled that feature out this evening. I did my best to work out the kinks, but you never know! Also, I’ll try to keep the emails to a minimum because I know people get tired of the spam and excessive emails. If these cases aren’t dropped, I’m sure there will be more rallying come April & May when the trials are set to begin.

3. I’ve had a ton of requests to get links & info up on the website. I’m working on it and please be patient if I don’t follow up with you asap.

Thanks to everyone for making this a success!

Josh Irving

http://www.SupportOurSEALs.com

• 3 months later...

Navy SEAL not guilty of charges in Iraq - CNN.com

Navy SEAL not guilty of charges in Iraq

By the CNN Wire Staff

April 22, 2010 8:44 a.m. EDT

Baghdad, Iraq (CNN) -- The first of three Navy SEALs accused of mishandling a suspect in the high-profile killings of contractors in Iraq was found not guilty at a court-martial Thursday.

A military jury cleared U.S. Navy Petty Officer 1st Class Julio Huertas of all charges, a military spokesman said.

Huertas and two other Navy SEALs -- Petty Officer 2nd Class Jonathan Keefe and Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew McCabe -- have been facing charges in connection with the assault of Iraqi detainee Ahmed Hashim Abed.

U.S. authorities accuse Abed of being the mastermind in the slayings and mutilation of four U.S. contractors in Falluja in 2004, one of the Iraq war's most notorious crimes against Americans.

During Huertas' court-martial, Abed testified Wednesday that he was handcuffed, blindfolded and beaten.

Huertas and Keefe had been charged with dereliction of duty, based on the allegation that they failed to safeguard the detainee, according to the military. Huertas also was charged with impeding an investigation by attempting to influence the testimony of another sailor.

Keefe's court-martial was supposed to have opened Monday, but it was delayed after defense attorneys were stuck in Europe because of flight delays due to ash from the Icelandic volcano. That court-martial is expected to begin Friday morning.

McCabe, who is charged with assault, will be tried May 3 in Norfolk, Virginia.

The case against the SEALs has sparked outrage that the sailors are being tried at all for handling a suspect in the contractors' killings. A Facebook page called "Support The Navy SEALs who Captured Ahmed Hashim Abed" has almost 120,000 members.

After the contractors for the security firm Blackwater were killed with hand grenades and rifles, their bodies were set on fire and dragged through the streets. Two of them were hung from a bridge in Falluja, an image that was broadcast around the world.

Four days later, U.S. Marines launched a major offensive inside Falluja in part to help find the killers.