Crickett internal safety seems loose to me

jay1313g

I picked up one of the little Crickett bolt action rifles for my 7 year old for Christmas. This one is the camo/stainless combo and has an internal safety lock in front of the trigger guard. (2 "round" keys came with it) This lock seems very loose in the stock to me.

Does anyone else have one with the internal safety lock and is yours loose also. I glanced quickly though the book that came with it but didn't see anything about the internal lock.

Thanks!

Jay

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one we bought for our daughter had one too. Since we have gun safes and weren't relying on it as a no access feature I just removed it from the rifle. If you want to tighten it up or remove it completely, remove the the barrel and action from the stock and then tighten or remove the nut holding the lock in stock.

I went back to the gun shop where I bought it and none of the others were loose. I called the manufacturer and spoke to their gunsmith. He was very helpful and mailed me a Torx 25 (tamper proof) wrench to remove the stock and tighten the lock. (I offered to do the work if he'd send me the wrench.) He told me to call him if I couldn't get it tight but it sounded very simple.

They were very helpful and I would highly recommend their service!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.