Glock 19 gen 4?

THE COOP

I was at G&L yesterday and Daniel told me they've already sold a few G19 gen 4's but didnt have in stock, does anybody on here on TGO have a new gen 4? And if so can you post some pictures of it? I joined GSSF and got my 2007/2009 coupon that I think is only good till the end of next month so I'm thinking about buying another Glock. POST PICS!!!! Thanks.... COOP

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Todd@CIS

Maybe he meant "pre-sold?"

Nobody will have a Gen 4...they haven't been released yet (the RTF version is not considered Gen 4).

Supposedly, Gen 4 will be shown this Jan at the SHOT Show. I've been told they will have the RTF finish, interchangeable backstraps, and the standard slide serrations.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest Todd@CIS
Nope, have had several of them come in the past few weeks (RTF, that is). Pops572 here snagged one on Friday I think it was.

Please reread my first post.

RTF is not Gen 4...which was what the OP was referring to.

The RTF2 Glocks are the best ones available to date IMO. I got one when they first got released and shot the snot out of it, same old Glock under a much better skin.

That said, I've been thinking of "Pre-Buying" the yet to be released (or even shown) gen 4 myself since I've already set aside the money...

After January and Shot Show, by all accounts from those who've seen/handled it, appears then the gen 4 will be the best Glock available, maybe even THE best polymer striker-fired pistol available... :screwy:

Hey Daniel, could I "pre-buy" a gen 4 at G&L?

Edited by CK1
...and the standard slide serrations.
Good!

I'm not digging the elliptical ones.

Aesthetically I'd agree... function-wise it's no contest though, the deep fish gill cuts grip/work way better.

Hope they're cut deep like the fish gills, but just look better.

Aesthetically I'd agree... function-wise it's no contest though, the deep fish gill cuts grip/work way better.

Hope they're cut deep like the fish gills, but just look better.

I like the regular ones fine, they work for me Im glad to know they will be going back to them

Guest Todd@CIS
Please reread mine. I never said Gen4, COOP did! :rolleyes:

It's not technically Gen4, but alot of people call it that, thus I figured RTF was what he was refering to.

Sorry, when you said "nope," I thought you were actually referring to something...

Also, when folks say Gen4, I assume they mean Gen4 and not something else.

Sorry, when you said "nope," I thought you were actually referring to something...

Also, when folks say Gen4, I assume they mean Gen4 and not something else.

Now you're starting to sound like David. Get back in your hole. :rolleyes:

Maybe he meant "pre-sold?"

Nobody will have a Gen 4...they haven't been released yet (the RTF version is not considered Gen 4).

Supposedly, Gen 4 will be shown this Jan at the SHOT Show. I've been told they will have the RTF finish, interchangeable backstraps, and the standard slide serrations.

Killer, can't wait the interchangeable backstraps and thanks for the heads up. Any ideas what models will hit first? BTW, call my sissy but I like the Chevrons.........:rolleyes:

OK so maybe there was a communication issue between me and Metalhead? MY BAD!!!! COOP

Ok, I think were all straight now. RTF is NOT a gen 4!!! I did not know that since I'm a new Glock owner, just a little communication error between Daniel and myself. Todd, thanks for keeping us all straight on the real GEN 4... I guess we'll all have to wait and see what they really look like and what kind of changes they'll have. Next month when I go to the Glock factory for my armorer cert. I'll be asking a lot of questions about the gen 4 and maybe get a sneak peak!!!!! Doubtfull? COOP