Handgun refinish: Cera-Hide?

Guest Rugerman

Guest Rugerman

Anybody had a gun refinished by CCR? If so, what was your experience, what finish did you get, and how did it hold up? Would you say it was a quality job? They have a holiday special going on and I have some things I'd like to get done. :x:

One of the pieces to be refinished would be a carry gun, everyday.

Any other suggestions for companies to take on this kind of work?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, their holiday special for the Cera-Hide is a great deal!

Wish I could buy myself gifts instead of everyone else... who knows at that price we'll have to see...

Anyone know how the finishes they offer would stack up to IonBond?

(IonBond Diamond Black is supposed to be the best available, it's also the most expensive... best deal I've found in the country is Springer Precision in OR for 300 + shipping costs for a pistol...)

• Administrator

We tried to get CCR to come out and join us at the Expo next month to show off some of their products. Figured it'd be a good way for people to see before they buy. Seems that they are too busy... which I guess is a good problem to have.

Some of you loyal customers should bug them about it. :rolleyes:

Wow, their holiday special for the Cera-Hide is a great deal!

Wish I could buy myself gifts instead of everyone else... who knows at that price we'll have to see...

Anyone know how the finishes they offer would stack up to IonBond?

(IonBond Diamond Black is supposed to be the best available, it's also the most expensive... best deal I've found in the country is Springer Precision in OR for 300 + shipping costs for a pistol...)

If there is a better coating than Ion Bond (Diamond Black) I have yet to hear about it. Some people are turned off by the dull finish it has but my pistol is used for carry and I don't want it shinny I want it durable

Anybody had a gun refinished by CCR? If so, what was your experience, what finish did you get, and how did it hold up? Would you say it was a quality job? They have a holiday special going on and I have some things I'd like to get done. :rolleyes:

One of the pieces to be refinished would be a carry gun, everyday.

Any other suggestions for companies to take on this kind of work?

I have a couple frames I'd like to get done and I'm considering CCR, I do have concerns how durable the finish is for a EDC gun, will it show holster ware eventually and how long does the finish last?

I've also considered Customized Creationz. they do CeraKote finishes.

Anyone care to chime in with information on CeraKote vs CeraHide finishes?

COOP

Here are some photos of some of the work CCR has done for me. The first pistol is a Glock 22 done in Cera-hide house black. This work was done about two years ago and I have put about 1,000 rounds through the gun since then. As you can see the finish has held up extremely well. The second pistol is a Charles Daly Officer's Model that I had done recently. The finish is also Cera-hide house black.

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.Picture005.jpg

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.Picture006.jpg

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.Picture007.jpg

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.Picture013.jpg

My SIL had a S&W 3914 that her ex carried a lot.

It was put up dirty and there was some serious pitting near the front sight and the sides at the rear of the slide.

I mean SERIOUS pitting! I took it at this time last year and sent them the slide and had them get close to the original color and finish.

They got that thing downright perfect! It looks better than new.

If I ever get spare cash put away I would like to send them a pistol and a rifle to coat.

They are very good at what they do.