THE FREEDOM P-3AT

jtluttrell

pic1.jpg

KEL-TEC and MICHAEL SAVAGE bring you the Collectible Limited Edition “FREEDOM†Firearm.In Honor of the 2nd Amendment, there will only be 5000 of these Commemorative Limited Edition Firearms produced. This special P3AT FREEDOM edition is brought to you by Kel-Tec & Michael Savage with the quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that is unlike any other. The Kel-Tec P3AT Freedom limited edition is stamped with the word ‘FREEDOM’ and is dated December 15, 1791, the ratification of the Bill of Rights. Each firearm is individually numbered to ensure the integrity of the series. And only 5000 numbered copies plus proof will be available. This is a very limited once in a lifetime series and once they are gone it will not be repeated again.

THE FREEDOM P-3AT The FREEDOM P-3AT is a semi-automatic, locked breech pistol, chambered for the .380 Auto cartridge. It has been developed from our highly successful P-32 pistol with negligible increase in weight and size. The slidestop has been eliminated and the magazine capacity reduced to 6 rounds due to the larger cartridge.

The firing mechanism is double action only. The magazine has a 6 round capacity. The FREEDOM P-3AT is the lightest .380 Auto pistol ever made. Thanks to its locking dynamics and superior ergonometry, perceived recoil and practical accuracy are comparable to much larger guns.

The FREEDOM P-3AT is mainly intended for plainclothes police officers as a secondary weapon, or for concealed carry by licensed citizens. The small grip size and light trigger pull make the P-3AT ideal for female shooters.

pic2.jpg

Kel Tec

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jimdigriz
The Kel-Tec P3AT Freedom limited edition is stamped with the word ‘FREEDOM’ and is dated December 15, 1791, the ratification of the Bill of Rights.

A great date indeed! The Bill of Rights is the only reason we still have _some_ semblance of freedom in this country. And to think that many of the Founders didn't want a bill of rights...

...perceived recoil and practical accuracy are comparable to much larger guns...

Well, that's true. It does feel like you're shooting .38 +p.

The laser probably has practical accuracy, but the bullets themselves are unlikely to coincide with it very often.

- Oh <flame suit on> Shoot

The p3at is a good gun, but the hoohah is kind of silly, I think.

^--I can't recall Michael Savage doing anything that has required subtlety, nor a soft touch.

That being said, why would Kel-Tec need his help? I don't go into a lot of gun shops, but I've never noticed a surplus of P3s. Being around the forums, it seems like tons of HCP folks carry Kel-Tecs already, so where is the benefit? My guess is that this mfg. run is targeted towards Savage fans (Michael, not Savage Arms) who don't have guns yet, in the hope that they'll pay extra for one with his name on it, in a "limited edition".

Why anyone would buy a limited / numbered piece for EDC escapes me. I can't wait to buy a 2011 Colt 1911 (rubbing hands gleefully... they're going to be awesome, at least in my mind!), but I'd never carry one. Savage pitches these guns as personal protection, but if they are truly special and unique, they're safe queens.

if they are truly special and unique, they're safe queens.

As they should be.......anyone who buys one to carry is a fool. Buy one that isn't a "limited edition" and have at it. Of course shooting it at the range a time or two has to be done to ensure functionality incase you might need to use it........other than that, put it behind glass to show off to all your friends. :dropjaw: