Remington 1911

willis68

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigShot

Wonder what they gonna do different to grab customers off the other quality brand names. It will HAVE to be like a resurrection of the Rand dies or something. Any word on what their niche is gonna be??

Wonder what they gonna do different to grab customers off the other quality brand names. It will HAVE to be like a resurrection of the Rand dies or something. Any word on what their niche is gonna be??

Not sure but I hope it is reasonably priced, Heck I will have to get one of these just because it is a Remington :screwy:

I do not think Remington Rand (type writers and 1911s)and Remington firearms are the same company? does anyone know
I don't believe so. Remington Arms also made typewriters for a while. They sold the typewriter business, and the right to use the Remington name, in the late 1800's to the company that would later become Remington Rand.
Remington Rand 1911. They are by all accounts some of the most highly regarded of the WWII era 1911s.

See, I don't get this. All contracts were identical specwise, so all parts were interchangeable. When Colts, Remmys, US&S's, etc. were all disassembled and dumped into the cleaning buckets, any parts that came out could be put together. It's highly likely that many 1911's from that era are really a mix of parts, and not all "original parts as shipped from the factory." But because of part similarity, no one could tell.

"Sought after" because of low contract number (i.e. Singer), I can understand, but the "highly regarded" has always escaped me.

See, I don't get this. All contracts were identical specwise, so all parts were interchangeable. When Colts, Remmys, US&S's, etc. were all disassembled and dumped into the cleaning buckets, any parts that came out could be put together. It's highly likely that many 1911's from that era are really a mix of parts, and not all "original parts as shipped from the factory." But because of part similarity, no one could tell.

"Sought after" because of low contract number (i.e. Singer), I can understand, but the "highly regarded" has always escaped me.

Highly regarded is just a perception that people have of a product. It's not necessarily scientific and may not even be accurate. I have never shot a Remington Rand, so I have no opinion of whether or not they are better than others of the era. But, for whatever reason, they are highly regarded. I will say though that, regardless of what parts are used, assembly is everything with 1911s.:D