Minotaur MTAC VS. Cross Breed Super Tuck

Guest RugerFan7

Guest RugerFan7

I have been trying to decide which concealed carry holster to purchase. Right now I conceal carry my Glock 22 Mexican style with no cartridge in the chamber. I have been looking at the Minotaur and the Cross Breed holsters. I have tried on the Minotaur before and really liked it, but I've heard claims from Cross Breed that they are the most comfortable. Has anybody tried them both out? If you have which one would you recommend? Thanks.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had worn an MTAC daily when I carried my XD45,now with my Glocks and 1911,s I have all Crossbreed Supertucks,it seems like the Crossbreed seems to stay in one place better for me.I have 2 in horsehide and 1 in the cowhide.The MTAC was very comfortable also but I prefer the steel clips on the Crossbreeds.They all conceal well and are quality made.Just my opinion.

Guest RugerFan7
I had worn an MTAC daily when I carried my XD45,now with my Glocks and 1911,s I have all Crossbreed Supertucks,it seems like the Crossbreed seems to stay in one place better for me.I have 2 in horsehide and 1 in the cowhide.The MTAC was very comfortable also but I prefer the steel clips on the Crossbreeds.They all conceal well and are quality made.Just my opinion.

The Cross Breed clips are also an issue with me. I like that they are steel, but they are black. I mostly wear brown belts and am concerned with people being able to notice the clips. Is that a problem you have noticed, or are they not really noticeable with brown belts?

The Cross Breed clips are also an issue with me. I like that they are steel, but they are black. I mostly wear brown belts and am concerned with people being able to notice the clips. Is that a problem you have noticed, or are they not really noticeable with brown belts?

I have carried daily for the better part of the year and have as of yet had anyone comment on those black thingies there on your belt,I really dont think people notice things like that a whole lot,their too busy trying to talk on their phones or just as a rule arent paying attention.

Get rid of the clips that go over your belt, and get velcro clips, get velcro sewn inside of your belt, the MTAC will disappear completely, it will also stay exactly where you put it. I wear a CTAC(very similiar) and do not have issues with movement or detection. When I had the C clips, that went over my belt, I actually did have someone comment on the clips. I wear a brown belt as well.

Once I went to Velcro, there is no going back for me. My next belt that I order, from beltman, this Christmas, will have the Velcro sewn in already.

The only one I have tried is the SuperTuck and I am VERY impressed with how comfortable it is. I also ordered it with the velcro clips, but haven't tried them yet. After wearing my 1911 4" in a Brommland IWB, and then trying the SuperTuck, the ST is soooo much more comfy. I ordered one for my XD, and my LCR. Great customer service also. If you don't like it you can send it back within 2weeks for a refund!

No I don't work for them and I can't compare, but I am pleased with the ST.

+1 for the Super Tuck by CrossBreed. I've had mine for just over six months for my Glock 19 and it's extremely comfortable. I took a tactical pistol class two nights last week and found no problems drawing from concealment. If I had anything I'd do different after taking this class, it would be to order mine with the combat cut on the leather panel. I wore a blister on the knuckle of my strong hand scrapping against the leather as I reached for my grip on the pistol while in the holster, over and over and over. Otherwise, I'd happily make the same purchase again!

Guest AreSeeFiddyWon

I have the supertuck in horsehide as well and am very happy with it. I bought their velcro gunbelt at the same time and it works well, but I haven't quite figured out the easy way to put the rig on with the velcro clips.

Guest Oaklands

I have a SuperTuck for my XD45 and a Mitac Comptac for my .380. Both are excellent holsters. I bought the Mitac used off e-bay and bought the SuperTuck new. Those guys are really nice and great to deal with.

I have the supertuck in horsehide as well and am very happy with it. I bought their velcro gunbelt at the same time and it works well, but I haven't quite figured out the easy way to put the rig on with the velcro clips.

Just takes a little while to learn where you like it and how to get it there. I know how to position my belt, so the buckle will latch centered. Once I get it where it will be centered when I tighten it, I slide the holster in, boom done. If I need to adjust, I just pull the velcro apart, and move the belt under that clip to reposition, do the other one, re tighten. This is very hard to explain, but I can say, you get use to it the more you do it. I can put it on almost as quick as I can without having it in there.