Glocks

Guest Ae-35

Which Glock Size and Caliber Do You Carry? (Please select a Frame and Caliber)  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Which Glock Size and Caliber Do You Carry? (Please select a Frame and Caliber)

• Subcompact: G26, 27, 33, 36 or 39
    • Midsize: G19, 23, 29, 30, 32 or 38
    • Fullsize: G17, 20, 21, 22, 31 or 37
    • Target/Competition: G17L, 34 or 35
    • 9mm
    • .40s&w
    • .357sig
    • .45gap
    • .45acp
    • 10mm

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to feel that way as well, but I love my G21SF :D

What rail does yours have? I've got the standard rail. I love it. I also have a G19. I'm hoping to take advantage of some future police trade ins as departments purchase the Gen 4's, though I don't know what flavor's will be available locally.

What rail does yours have? I've got the standard rail. I love it. I also have a G19. I'm hoping to take advantage of some future police trade ins as departments purchase the Gen 4's, though I don't know what flavor's will be available locally.

I have the standard rail as well, I did not care for the looks of the other railed one, I wanted a G21 for years, but It wouldn't fit in my hand properly when I tried the SF it fits perfectly. I also have a 20SF and a G17 If you do find some police trade in pistols and they have more than you want please let me know :D

2nd Generation Glock 19 for me. Next Glock will be another 19, hopefully a RTF2. Would also like a 26, 17, 17L, and a 34..... wish Glock would make a true single stack 45 for those of us who have to go 1911 for a full size 45.

2nd Generation Glock 19 for me. Next Glock will be another 19, hopefully a RTF2. Would also like a 26, 17, 17L, and a 34..... wish Glock would make a true single stack 45 for those of us who have to go 1911 for a full size 45.

I love my Glocks, but I Absolutely Love my 1911's Glock needs to keep making Glocks, High cap pistols if you need to go to a 1911 than by all means get yourself a decent 1911 they can be just as reliable and a heck of a lot more accurate than Glocks!

I have the standard rail as well, I did not care for the looks of the other railed one, I wanted a G21 for years, but It wouldn't fit in my hand properly when I tried the SF it fits perfectly. I also have a 20SF and a G17 If you do find some police trade in pistols and they have more than you want please let me know :D

I'll let you know if I run across any. If I see some online, I'll do the same. I've never bought a gun online myself.

I've shot a bunch of Glocks, owned quite a few, only own 26, 19, 17 now, owned over 12 including multiple copies of all 9mms including 34s and 17Ls, and have worked on 3X that many as favors to friends as a hobby. 21's are easy too handle as far as shooting at the range but are too big for CCW unless you are a big person. I'm 5'10" 185lbs and the 21s are too big for me. I've read and heard rumors about 9mm Glocks failing but I have never seen it.

Glock 9mm advantages: ammo is literally everywhere, Glock 9mms and parts are literally everywhere, parts are inexpensive, Glock 9mms will digest any 9x19 I have run across, lightweight, durable, accurate enough, tons of aftermarket (which I don't necessarily recommend any longer), relatively inexpensive, easy to modify the grips, easy to slick up the triggers and RELIABLE!

Glock disadvantages: tend to point 5 or so degrees high vice 1911s (which can easily be remedied with Dremel and wood burning pen), may have too large of grip for small handed person (within reason can again be easily modified with a grinding wheel, dremel, and woodburning pen), does not have as nice a trigger that a good 1911 can have (can be remedied to a degree, but with Glock trigger system there is a point you probably shouldn't cross - been there done that - unintentional doubles and NDs could unsue)

Sorry to jump in late on this but Glock does make a single stack 45. It's the G36. I love mine:). It's a great shooter and the slim handle fits my hand well, especially with the Pearce +0 grip extension and a rear handle 'Butt Plug'. Apparently I'm one of the few who actually owns one since I haven't seen many talked about.
Guest Micromancer
G19 and G34 here. Now all I need is a 17 to fill in the middle. Don't really see the advantage of the subs so a G26 is most likely not in my future.

The advantage of the subs is it sits in an ankle holster and can share mags with the 19 that should be in an M-TAC at 3-4 oclock.

I have a 22, 23, and 27. I don't generally carry the 27 as a backup, but have it in case I need to.

I dont own any glocks, that being said I have had thoughts about a 17 lately for plinking/desk drawer purposes.

Shoot both a 19 and a 17 before buying. I bought my 22 before I came into the 27 OR the 23, and didn't regret it until I had shot both of the others.

Range use sure - go full size. In fact, see if you can happen into a G34 or 17L for the longer sight radius. For anything involving carry, you want the 19. There is a reason you are seeing so many people in the thread saying "I have a 19 but don't know how popular they are."

Personally, I'd love to finish my .40 set and grab a G24 and a G35, but it's going to be a while before I have that kind of disposable income.

The advantage of the subs is it sits in an ankle holster and can share mags with the 19 that should be in an M-TAC at 3-4 oclock.

Does the G23 not sit well in an ankle holster? I was thinking of getting one.

Tom