Cover-we are taking fire!!!

MikeW

I work in an industry that "tree huggers" cannot stomach very well. In the past we have received "love notes" from said huggers. I work real late some nights and have often looked out in the parking lot for "people" before I head to the car.

We are in the Nashville Airport area (elm hill pike) and it seems that we have a shooting range that I was not told about.

We have a window that has taken a shot this week and it looks like a good size caliber by looking at the hole and the bullett that is inside the office.

Anywho, if I can get a few extra range passes from the office we can have a TGO outing and pop off a few.

All joking aside... I am not fond of the idea that some nut would shoot at an office in a business/residential area ;)

4117651011_3638d6e45e.jpg

4117651121_d24fc65cf5.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't have been a "Tree Hugger" everybody knows they are peace -loving environmentalist, that are only concerned with the welfare of our environment! ;)

That looks a little bigger than the average kid with a BB gun hole! What really sucks is how much that chunk of glass is going to cost somebody to repair.

Funny thing is that I work a couple blocks off of Elm Hill and had a very similar looking hole in my office window. It was about 3' off the ground but we did find a rock inside. It was double pane glass so we surmised a lawn mower must have picked up the rock since it would have had to of been humming to make it completely through both panes. There is retaining wall a few feet away and the grade as about 4 feet up so it makes really makes sense. Do you think yours could have been a similar situation? It looks kind of low but hey, what do I know. Either way, if you open up the range let me know since I'm right around the corner.;)

Guest bkelm18

My place of work (zoo) has received a number of bomb threats and threats of violence from animal rights lame-o's. Nothing has come to fruition though, thankfully.

So, exactly what industry would this be?

Coal? Logging?

Forestry

Funny thing is that I work a couple blocks off of Elm Hill and had a very similar looking hole in my office window. It was about 3' off the ground but we did find a rock inside. It was double pane glass so we surmised a lawn mower must have picked up the rock since it would have had to of been humming to make it completely through both panes. There is retaining wall a few feet away and the grade as about 4 feet up so it makes really makes sense. Do you think yours could have been a similar situation? It looks kind of low but hey, what do I know. Either way, if you open up the range let me know since I'm right around the corner.:D

I will check and see if I can get a pic of the bullet that was in the conference room... not a rock.

Kentucky Fried Spotted Owl? Captain D'S Manattee Fillets?..........;)

:D Ummm now I have a hancker'n for a Manattee sandwich with baby seal sauce.

Hmmmm .... my wife works over by the new post office now. That's sure not what I want to see.

I am right down the hill from the Royal Pky USPS... I hope that it was just an "isolated incident". I may go up there and see if anyone went "postal" lately.

I am right down the hill from the Royal Pky USPS... I hope that it was just an "isolated incident". I may go up there and see if anyone went "postal" lately.

Uh huh, well there you go. You might want to invest in some body armour.......Take cover Mike!

My place of work (zoo) has received a number of bomb threats and threats of violence from animal rights lame-o's. Nothing has come to fruition though, thankfully.

Bomb the animals...they're gonna free the **** outta them.

My wife works on the back side of that business park just up the hill from you. It's very secluded up there. I'm not crazy about her being there too late.

Rather sad and a bit alarming. Do you know what time of day it happened?

Back in 89/90 time frame I was in San Diego on my 2nd tour in the Navy. My LPO (Leading Petty Officer) came to work looking like he had seen a ghost. Artie is a Filipino and they dont usually look white as a sheet. I asked him what was wrong, and he said some one was "shooting at me on my way into work". Yea, right. I threw the BS flag and then he took me out to his car. Sure enough he had three bullet holes trailing from the passanger door to the trunk. Now Artie lived in a good 'hood but had to drive through the barrio. Needless to say he changed his route to work.

Rather sad and a bit alarming. Do you know what time of day it happened?

Back in 89/90 time frame I was in San Diego on my 2nd tour in the Navy. My LPO (Leading Petty Officer) came to work looking like he had seen a ghost. Artie is a Filipino and they dont usually look white as a sheet. I asked him what was wrong, and he said some one was "shooting at me on my way into work". Yea, right. I threw the BS flag and then he took me out to his car. Sure enough he had three bullet holes trailing from the passanger door to the trunk. Now Artie lived in a good 'hood but had to drive through the barrio. Needless to say he changed his route to work.

Not sure what time... However, there was two co-workers (Ladies) working late that night. One left at 8:30 adn the other at 10:30. The one that left last said that she "thought" that she heard something but was at the other end of the building and had a TV on. She is second guessing working so late by her self.

I noticed the window when I got to work the next morning because it is right by my office door. At fist glance I thought that maybe it was a rock until the maintenance man ask me about it. He knows that I am a permit holder and asked me if I "had an accidental discharge" ...I told him "not since I was sixteen or so"....He later found the bullet inside the office.