The Prisoner

MacGyver

• Admin Team

Anyone watching AMC's remake of The Prisoner?

I was always a big fan of the original series- even though it originally aired 6 years before I was born. I was curious to see how a remake would fare, and so far have been pleasantly suprised. I think it pays proper homage to the original while dealing with issues in today's world. Overall, I rate it worth a watch.

On a related note, I think this would be a great way to get us past the bane that has become reality television. I know the networks produce the stuff because it's cheap to make, but it would be pretty cool if you got some great writers/actors together and make some shows with the understanding that they would only run one season. That way, you don't have to worry about stretching out plot lines to have something for next season, contract negotiations with actors who think they have eclipsed the show, etc... You could just have one season of a great show with a great story.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was what that show was....on AMC...DANG. Anyone watching WWII in HD on the HISTORY CHANNEL?

Yep! Watching them both. Just finished watching the one on Battle of Monte Cassino.

My problem with The Prisoner is that they are running two episodes a night over 3 nights and they happen to be nights where I'm working through parts of the show. I hope they run them all again or put them on Hulu so I can watch them in continuity.

Guest Swamprunner

The original was with Patrick McGoohan. It reminded me of the film version of Fahrenheit 451, which was pretty creepy back then.

We had some good shows back in the day. Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, The Avengers.... .

I've been watching it. Never saw the original but this version is pretty good so far. Ian McKellan does a great job, as usual. WWII in HD is great as well.

Just saw this on the Patriot Post.

Look who's talking: "Capitalism offers you freedom, but far from giving people freedom, it enslaves them." --actor Ian McKellen, who has made an awful lot of money because of capitalism

I'm going to try and DVR this if they repeat it.

• Admin Team
"Capitalism offers you freedom, but far from giving people freedom, it enslaves them." --actor Ian McKellen, who has made an awful lot of money because of capitalism

This may be proof of why actors shouldn't open their mouths unless they're repeating lines from a script. I didn't really take it as an assault on capitalism. Anti nanny states - yes. anti uberpowerful corporations - yes. Corruption of power - yes. Anti-capitalist - not so much.

Mind you, this statement is coming from a free-market capitalist, so take it for what it's worth.

This may be proof of why actors shouldn't open their mouths unless they're repeating lines from a script. I didn't really take it as an assault on capitalism. Anti nanny states - yes. anti uberpowerful corporations - yes. Corruption of power - yes. Anti-capitalist - not so much.

Mind you, this statement is coming from a free-market capitalist, so take it for what it's worth.

A rebuttal to McKellen: "Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" --Harry Morris Warner (1881-1958), co-founder of Warner Brothers, in 1927

Guest bkelm18
A rebuttal to McKellen: "Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" --Harry Morris Warner (1881-1958), co-founder of Warner Brothers, in 1927

+1. I pay absolutely no attention to what they say outside of their work. I watch a good actor because he is a good actor, not for how he runs his mouth otherwise. :popcorn:

+1. I pay absolutely no attention to what they say outside of their work. I watch a good actor because he is a good actor, not for how he runs his mouth otherwise. :popcorn:

I hear ya.