360 guys,is this a good deal?

strickj

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get one with a hard drive included, they are quite expensive to buy seperately.

It says it has one...

Storage: - Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive - 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM - Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB
Yeah, definitely a good deal. Do they warranty it?

Umm...dunno.

I thought I saw somewhere on there something like 3 months,but now cant find it. :shrugs:

The arcade also has the newer style board in it which makes it less susceptible to RRoD. Being a refurb, it *might* still have the older style board.

I actually bought one when they hit market and didn't have any issues RRoD or otherwise until less than a year ago. I spent like $15 on screws and washers and new thermal adhesive and did the X-clamp fix and it's been running like a champ ever since.

BTW, are you going to play Modern Warfare 1 first? I highly recommend it.

I bought a cheap refurb and modded it.

:D Ok,what is modding and how do I do that

If you want to buy an arcade, I will give you my old 10gig (could be 20) hard dive. I just upgraded and have it sitting around. An arcade brand new costs $199. let me know.

Thanks,but I've got the buy now mindset going on.

If they don't have what I'm looking for tonight,I'll hit you up.

The arcade also has the newer style board in it which makes it less susceptible to RRoD. Being a refurb, it *might* still have the older style board.

I actually bought one when they hit market and didn't have any issues RRoD or otherwise until less than a year ago. I spent like $15 on screws and washers and new thermal adhesive and did the X-clamp fix and it's been running like a champ ever since.

BTW, are you going to play Modern Warfare 1 first? I highly recommend it.

Not sure if I'll get 1 or not yet...

I was thinking RRoD was some new baseball player for the Yankees.

nerd.jpg

Am I the only one that missed that joke?

rightoveryourhead.gif

Guest TurboniumOxide

Don't buy from ebay, 99% of those have been banned from XBOX LIVE for hacking. Also, I have had 5 xboxes, on my 5th, and they are known to have a 100% failure rate.

Guest benchpresspower

Gamestop has a guarantee on all used items, plus if you don't like it they will take it back and refund your money (used only).

While I love my PS3, the one MAJOR advantage 360 has over it is the backwards compatibility.

Guest benchpresspower
Unless you were smart enough to buy the 60GB PS3, this is backwards compatible....

Sony could have avoided ALOT of confusion had they just left it in all the models. I was blessed with the 40gb and just recently fed it some steroids and now it boasts a 500gb hard drive :)

They had already discontinued the 60gb when I was in the market for one, but I found one on ebay. Paid a little more for it than I liked, but my library of PS2 games demanded it. I could have just used my PS2, but it's drive was starting to mess up, and the less crap I have under my TV the better.