Dan Wesson Valor

Kano

100_1086-1.jpg100_1089-1.jpg100_1068-2-1.jpg

Guns & Leather had one today and gave me a great deal on it .... Thanks Daniel and the rest of the Gang at Guns & Leather

I was impressed with the superb fit and finish... it's as tight as many semi custom 1911's I have held in my hands..... you can tell it has hand-fitting done to it.... I like the no front cocking serrations and solid trigger .. Front & Rear Sights are decent ... Trigger a little heavy compared to my other 1911's but it's clean and well done... I am going to add a SMITH & ALEXANDER Magwell because I have big hands and just like the look and the added size.

I did not like the thin Grips so I put a set of G 10's on it.....

So how did it shoot ????

I started with 100 Rounds of Winchester White Box 230 grain FMJ

with no problems ( I used Tripp Cobra Mags)..

Next 130 Rounds went to my reloads ..

Nosler 185 grain Bullets ... Starline Brass ..... Winchester Primers...

4.4 Clays powder .......230 trouble free rounds.

At 25 meters I was getting good groups with it

100_1082-1.jpg 6 Rounds 1 7/16" .... One 3 shot group 4/16" the other is 5/16"... Hand Held ..( 25 meters)

100_1084-1.jpg 3 Rounds 3/4" (25 meters)

100_1081-1.jpg10 Rounds 25 meters

100_1076-1.jpg6 Rounds 25 meters

The Valor is a Bargin and on par with 1911's going for much more money,,,

Edited by Kano
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a nice looking gun Kano. After witnessing your shooting skills first hand, I am not so sure it matters too much the gun though; seems like you squeeze every bit of accuracy out of anything you shoot.

Hey Boll, thats a good point about Kano, my goal is too shoot as good as Kano. We need another G&L meet and shoot so we can all get some more lessons for the master....... Kano, I'll be at G&L on Friday to buy a new gun wanna meet and do some target practice/lessons? COOP

Very nice and it's hard to go wrong with the gang at G&L. I really like my Dan Wesson PM7 even though it's a more of a lower end, it still has a great fit and it's a great shooter, really like your new Valor!!!! COOP

Thanks....

Dan Wesson PM7 is a nice shooting pistol .......

That is a nice looking gun Kano. After witnessing your shooting skills first hand, I am not so sure it matters too much the gun though; seems like you squeeze every bit of accuracy out of anything you shoot.

Thanks for the nice words !!!!!!!

Hey Boll, thats a good point about Kano, my goal is too shoot as good as Kano. We need another G&L meet and shoot so we can all get some more lessons for the master....... Kano, I'll be at G&L on Friday to buy a new gun wanna meet and do some target practice/lessons? COOP

COOP after watching you shoot your Sig a few weeks I should take some lessons from you bro.... friday sounds great ......

Great looking gun and nice groups.

Where did you get the grips? I have a friend who has a Springfield 1911 that he likes except for the grips are too narrow.

Pistol Grips - G10 - 1911 Grips

Tax and shipping for Gallatin, TN 37066 - Change Change location: Please enter a location

1. 1911%2520black%2520g10.jpg&size=2&dhm=14ff85ec&hl=en
    $59.99 new
    Shades of Gray Tactical
    Mil-Tac 1911 GVT G10 Grips (Black)
    The Mil-Tac 1911 grips were designed to withstand the harsh environments encountered by our military and law enforcement units.
    Add to Shopping List
  2. Hogue_X_Grip_Micarta.jpg&size=2&dhm=ae1b04bb&hl=en
    $35.00 new
    Dillon Precision Products...
    Hogue 1911 Smooth G-10 Grips
    These Hogue Extreme Series Grips are made of smooth G-10 resin-impregnated fiber. The same space-age composite used in high-end, high-tech tactical military ....
    Add to Shopping List
  3. 68880.jpg&size=2&dhm=7006a60d&hl=en
    $58.06 new
    Midwest Hunters Outlet
    mil-tac 1911 govt g10 grips bev gry
    mil-tac grip black/gray beveled g10 1911 government.
    Add to Shopping List
  4. yhst-12630110006743_2078_42019418&size=2&dhm=f9657441&hl=en
    $53.36 new
    Trading Post Supply
    9 seller ratings
    MIL-TAC 1911 GOVERNMENT G10 GRIPS BEVELED BLACK Model - T1911GBLK
    MIL-TAC 1911 GOVERNMENT G10 GRIPS BEVELED BLACK Mil-Tac Grip Black Beveled G10 1911 Government Manufacturer's Part # T1911GBLKDescription: Beveled ....
    Add to Shopping List
  5. 751611.jpg&size=2&dhm=681a20e6&hl=en
    $77.99 new
    MidwayUSA

3,566 seller ratings
    "Mil-Tac Grips 1911 Government, Commander G10 Black and Gray"
    "Mil-Tac Grips 1911 Government, Commander G10 Black and Gray".
    Add to Shopping List
  6. 1911%2520g10%2520flat%2520earth%2520brown.jpg&size=2&dhm=f422a011&hl=en
    $59.99 new
    Shades of Gray Tactical
    Mil-Tac 1911 GVT G10 Grips (Flat Earth Brown)
    Mil-Tac 1911 GVT G10 Grips (Flat Earth Brown).
    Add to Shopping List
  7. p_100003570_1.jpg&size=2&dhm=b5749023&hl=en
    $89.95 new
    Brownells, Inc.
    1911 AUTO GOLFBALL PATTERN G10 GRIPS GRG18C 1911 GOLFBALL G10 GRIP ...
    Tough, long-wearing, all-weather grips of nearly indestructible G10 composite provide an extra secure grip during the draw and tactical maneuvers, ....
    Add to Shopping List
  8. 68879.jpg&size=2&dhm=86cda524&hl=en
    $52.90 new
    Midwest Hunters Outlet
    mil-tac 1911 govt g10 grips bev blk
    mil-tac grip black beveled g10 1911 government.
    Add to Shopping List
  9. MKT1911GGRY_1.jpg&size=2&dhm=3407ae9a&hl=en
    $57.69 new
    Trigger Action
    "MIL-TAC 1911 GOVT G10 GRIPS BEV GRY"
    ... Barrel Length: Chamber: Chokes: Capacity: Description: Beveled G10 Dram: ... Weight: Grips - Stock: Hand: Manufacturer: Mil-Tac Manufacturer weight: ....
    Add to Shopping List
  10. IMGP1623.JPG&size=2&dhm=b0d3c110&hl=en
    $2,676.00 new
    Top Gun Supply
    5 seller ratings
    Wilson Combat CQB Elite, Ambi Safety, G10 Grips, No Front Cocking ...
    ... serrated top and back of slide, Starburst black/gray G10 grips, 30 LPI checkered front strap; all fit and finished with the usual top quality you would ....
    Add to Shopping List

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Edited by Kano

Oh man, I am so jealous! I would have bought that pistol on the spot, had I known that it was available. I've been wanting one for about 8 months now, and even when I've called around, it's been "No... I don't even know..." when it came to giving me an answer.

Awesome gun! Sounds like it shoots wonderfully, too!