Your Opinion

Guest Ae-35

Hey guys , got to go to FL. after thanksgiving with my brother to work on his mother-in-laws trailer before she comes down for the winter, he's picking me up, so taking his truck I'm trying to decide what to take, here's the list could take more than one who knows. Mil-Spec 45 in Galco paddle holster, G-19 in highnoon iwb, Taurus Pt 745 in highnoon iwb, "bugs" S&W 442 pocket holster or ankle, Kel-Tec P11 pocket or ankle, "deepcover" Taurus Pt 22. Maybe room for my "Romy". Trailer park is in a rough part of town now. I'm leaning toward, 45 and 442, hoping for room for the "Romy", but the G-19 an P11 combo wood allow for only 1 kind of ammo, and use less space since the 9 is smaller, and that's my problem, the 9 is smaller!!! What say ye?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your brother's mom in law lives in that park but you need an arsenal to spend a few days there?

She must be a tough broad, eh?

- OS

Kinda what I was thinking... I would just take my daily carry set up and maybe some extra mags and ammo just because I would be far from home.

Sorry guys , it was late, I left out a few details, the trailer has been broken into twice in the last 2 months, cops had the door an a window boarded up, he told me this morning his mother-in law has a house over in a nice part of Tampa, we're going to fix what's been broken in the trailer so she can have a relator rent the trailer, he don't want her to see it trashed. She moved 2 yrs. ago , but still has a lot of memories of the place. You can understand, its the place his dad and mom first bought when they retired to FL. 20 yrs. ago. Seems that the area has become a haven for the drug trade an now punks are going into the retires trailer parks to prey on the elderly to pay for their drugs. Thanks for the "pansy" remark, real clASSy!!!

Edited by Ae-35
Beware the man with one gun; he likely knows how to use it.

That might have been true 30 or 40 yrs ago , I've not seen it for the last 20 yrs. The majority of one hand gun owners buy it , shoot a few rds. an tell them selves they're ready if someone brakes in, they put it up, an most don't shoot it once a year. I've seen a increase in the number of new shooters, but not near half as many as new gun buyers!!!

I hope the place wasn't broken into because she went on the interweb and posted a list of her valuables before leaving town.

I don't get it, would someone really do that? From my understanding she had moved 2 yrs. ago. just left some furniture and a lot of her husbands stuff. Since there wasn't any valiable stuff they just trashed the place , busted everything,mirrors,light fixtures you know.

I don't get it, would someone really do that? From my understanding she had moved 2 yrs. ago. just left some furniture and a lot of her husbands stuff. Since there wasn't any valiable stuff they just trashed the place , busted everything,mirrors,light fixtures you know.

Yes, I've heard of people doing that. Recently.

Well, no room for the "Romy", tak'n the 45 + 5 mags, 442+ a speedloader, those 2 are my standard carry. Plus tak'n the G 19 + 2 mags and P 11 + 1 mag. Those will give me a chance to mix and match depending on the weather. Hopefully there'll be plenty of time for a few cold drinks and hot beaches.:google: Shorts and t-shirts were what the P11 and 442 were made for !!! Leaving the Friday after thanksgiving, traffic should be fun!!! My brother asked if I wanted to bring my tools, I said nope, you bring the tools we'll need, I'm bringing my guns and a case of San Migel beer!!!:confused: